It's a rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a rock

:laugh: I found this rock in the oven last night! At 9:45 I put the first zucchini bread I've ever tried making in the oven. I set the timer for 45 minutes then I went to the office and logged onto Arrowheads.com and at midnight I remembered I was cooking....
    This site is so awesome and the info/knowledge is incredible! I'm learning so much! Thank you everyone.
    I have a small collection that me and family have found over the last 2 years. The collecting all started with the pic of the quartzite knife I'm holding in my avatar pic. I will send pics of the collection one at a time, periodically, to see what everyone thinks about them. Is it ok to send broken pieces and flakes?
    I think I fired hardened the bread and I can make a stone tool out of it.

Clayton, IMAO, Rock bread! hmmm I am going to move this into Off The Wall Topics.
    Post all your finds, broken, flakes and your perfect artifacts. they are all good to look at, and learn from.
    That would rival a Fruit Cake. :sick:  :crazy:
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thanks Clayton, That's a funny one. Sounds like my culinary skills. Your avatar point is awesome.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I think I see carvings in that piece.  It might be an eppigy.
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Looks just like the stuff I have seen LG make !

Comment

Thanks Ron.  I just sent pics of that artifact.  I'd sure like hearing more what you think it is.  I sent pics of it to Terry Baxter (artifact book author).  He said it was a little out of it's typical range where found but said it was 4,000- 8000 yrs old and I think (can't find the card he wrote on) he said it was a Wyoming knife. 
            The area I live in is glacier till gravels and I'm told that quartzite is one of the few local materials the NA had here and the rest had to be imported in.

Comment

I was thinking about starting a brick company...

Comment

Hey Clayton, I left a note on your other Thread. It's a real nice knife. I don't know how you would date it unless it was found in context with other items.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I Love it! Heat treated to say the least.
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Hope you have lots of milk to dunk that in!
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Actually I have been dunking it but I've been using coffee mix with a teaspoon of sulfuric acid :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                      X