not relics,but still usefull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not relics,but still usefull

these are rocks picked up will hunting and used as craft pieces. I have made copper wire trees and mounted them on the field and creek rocks and my wife sells them in her craft booths and shop

That one in the third pic has got a lil cave under it. You should put an artifact in there to be excavated. And that's one expensive tree. Thanks.

Comment

Nice work ronj - are you artificially changing the color/patina on your pieces?

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

all i do to the rocks is clean them really well and then spray them with clear polyurethane . I do spray some of the copper wire black.

Comment

we do try and use very unique rocks to make them as unique as possible . Many of the rocks contain fossils as well as feldspar . some are simple limestone with unusual natural designs in them.

Comment

I used "crushed" pyrite and "spray" adhesive on some that my wife and I sold in Glen Rose Tx. many years ago.
            We sold a "Lot" of 30 of these to one lady from Meridian Tex.
            We did not keep any for ourselves. Think I will re-create some more. Thanks for bringing back some old memories.
            BTW: We used the Bonzai approach as I see you have on at least one of your creations.
            Jess B.
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

wow those are cool, im just now seein this post, very creative,good job!
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
              X