Woke Up to a Stange Bitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woke Up to a Stange Bitch

Before sun up today, I hear a LOUD dog baying just feet from my door - when I take a look, I find this

One hungry Bluetick Coonhound, who'd "treed" my feral cat, Snook, on the table. I realize it's someones expensive pup, and throw a lead on her. I can't stand to see somebody's pet who's temporarily misplaced: running loose to get hurt or stolen (been there).
    I drag a dog house from the back, prepare a fool-proof chain, feed -and- water her - all before daybreak: and she's loudly raisin' hell the whole time! Guess my house-mates little celebration last night worked in my favor: not a soul stirred - I probably coulda run a grizz through the house like the guy in the Jeremiah Johnson flick!
    I posted signs around, and by 2M she was reunited with her owner. He'd been out coon hunting last night and the pup (7mos.) had failed to keep up with the older dogs. My cat has been fighting with racoons recently, so maybe it WAS on a scent of sorts. Anyway, made for an interesting Jan. 1st - never know what the new day'll bring.

My coon-cat Snook - still a bit miffed because the dogs eating cat food

I think she'll get over it

From his album "Naturally" (1972).Recorded Sept. 29 and 30, 1970J.J. Cale: Guitar & VocalsKarl Himmel: DrumsCarl Radle: BassMac Gayden: Slide GuitarDiane Dav...
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

You can tell Shes gonna be big by the ears. :lol:
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

When these guys bay it's awesome - sounds like a 300 lb. animal!
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

What a beauty she is! Thank you so much for taking her in and taking care of her and finding her owner. I too hate to see a pet get lost. Bless you.

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

WOW that was super cool of u...glad she got back home safe ...cool song too, reminds me of Paul Thorn...no idea why lol :whistle:

Comment

Working...
            X