Got any guitar guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got any guitar guys here?

Saw a guitar pick in a post earlier. Wondering how many if any guitar pickers here.
    B)

I wish I could never had the inclination when i was younger. Now when I hear bluegrass and country music I wish I had learned Guitar, Banjo and Fiddle too.  Maybe one of these days I will take some lessons.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Used too, but it's been a long time.....
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Still play a bit, but for fun these days rather than on the club -and- university circuit. Still have this beautiful custom-made guitar from a workshop in Spain, but mainly play a Fender electro-acoustic these days:

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Cool.
          Are you playing classical.
            I notice the finger picking. Looks like beautiful guitar

Comment

Very cool. Always a classic I grew up on. I wish I had learned.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Reflector wrote:

Cool.
              Are you playing classical.
                I notice the finger picking. Looks like beautiful guitar
                I'm actually playing East Coast blues with a "raggy" feel. Blind Bake territory. The guitar was made in Spain to a quality that produces a rich mellow tone which only a hand-made classical guitar can give. But I had it made with a specially strengthened body so it can take steel strings rather than the traditional nylon ones. It's perfect for that kind of music.
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I play the guitar and banjo! :lol:

Comment

I have 4 guitars in the house. A Martin 6 string, a Gibson Starburst 12 string, a $99 kids' stratocaster and my wife's high school classical guitar. I don't play anymore because I spend too much time on this website, but when I do, its the kiddy strat that is the most fun.

Comment

Steve Howe from Yes performing "Clap" live (one of my favourite guitar pieces):
                    Live at the Rainbow Theatre, London, December 1972Steve Howe: "It's the first song I ever wrote, and I think it's really a good piece. I wrote it on the 4th ...

I'd swear he's got more fingers than I have!  B)
                      ...and Ralph McTell doing Blind Blake's "Drybone Rag", which is very much my kind of music:
                    top of the pops old grey whistle test 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988...

Comment

I've played music for over 50 years, learning the harmonica from my granddad early on. I've played traditional folk, bluegrass, newgrass, and moved on to to electric classic rock. I've played on stages- guitars, fiddles, mandolins, and harmonica, as well as electric bass in our classic  rock band. So, I choose between mandolin, my bass, or several electric guitars in the music room, or most daily my old Martin D-18. Had a lot of fun over the years- played with a very drunk George Jones in about 1980, and with Doc Watson in his dressing room offstage before that. Played bars that shoulda had a cage for the band, with fist fighting out front. These days it's mostly playing at home, or at parties and picnics for fun.

Comment

Ah the old gun and knife circuit.
                        They check you for a gun or knife at the door , if you don`t have one they give you one. :woohoo:
                        Played on few big stages. Opening for the CDB in front about 9,000
                        Played with members of Blackfoot.Skynyrd
                          Fun stuff

Comment

Working...
                        X