Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have native american ancestry/blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have native american ancestry/blood?

I have just a little.
    If so click the thank you, thanks!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Josh my great grand mother walked the Trail Of Tears when she was only three years old. Her name was Pearlee Moore. She can be found in the Olk. Indian schrols. They called them Black Feet Cherokee.
    east Tx.

Comment

My Mom used to tell me our family had Blackfoot blood in us. Done quite a bit of research on our genealogy and I could never make the connection. Rodney, Black Feet Cherokee? have not come across that tribe. Now that would make a lot more sense as to ancestry for my family. Looks like more research! Thanks
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Greg they called them that because there feet turned black from the trail. With no shoe's !
        east Tx.

Comment

1/4 passamaquoddy josh my grandmother ws full blood on my dads side and my great gand father was around a half on my moms side of the family cool post thanks for bringing it up bub .

Comment

No problem! I feel the timing is right with all the bs in the news today.

Comment

JoshinMO wrote:

Funny, but how did I know that? :dunno:
              Rhode Island

Comment

Hey Josh, My mother's Father said that he had Native American blood but I have no way to know. It would have been interesting to have been part of a DNA study I saw a few years ago.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Charlie, maybe because you are clever.

Comment

My paternal great-grandmother was full blooded Blackfoot.
                    I have the high cheek bones and square jaw of that side of my family. I've seen pictures of my Grandmother as a young woman and you put my picture next to hers at about the same age and we could pass for the same person.
                    My father had the straight black hair and cheek bones and my older brother really shows the Indian blood.
                    I'm very proud of my heritage and always have been, even before I got into artifact hunting.

Comment

JoshinMO wrote:

? i dont watch the news much,just fer the weather and the tides  what did i miss?
                      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

my great great grandpa was native and my great great grandma may have been... she sure did look it from photos iv seen!

Comment

On my father's side i have ancestors that had to march in the trail of tears.  On my mother's side there is Cherokee. I have some cousins that are Choctaw down in Oklahoma. German, Scott Irish, and native american, what a mix.

Comment

Jay, recently some (members etc) on the artifact forums have brought to light news from areas all over the country (not only arkansas wether south or even central) local news flashes about arrowheads,meth and digging etc and think i even read a comment but rather more a burn that mentioned something about the nationality or race of some they may have been mentioning (they know not what they speak of) but really it was just a bunch of "yesterdays news" so not much, really.

Comment

:laugh: 
                              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
                              X