Anybody here scared of spiders? This is a must se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here scared of spiders? This is a must se

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

:rolf:  i would totally hang out with that dude! :rolf:
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

To answer your question.....yes! I'm arachniphobic to the Nth degree! I hate them!!!!
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

I manage an eBay sales warehouse. We get truckloads of industrial surplus that has been stored for a year or more. Our warehouse is infested with Brown Recluses and there really isn't a thing we can do about it. We basically have to glove up any time we handle the stuff. I've had more than a few Brownies crawl across my forearm. Will raise every hair on my body straight up too. Picture is typical of what I see every time I open a box flap. Good times.

Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

Theybscare mevtoo rick not all spiders donbut fibble backs are the boogeyman of spiders they like tonhide and thenncome out at night. Brown recluse havr extra eyes too maybe for huntingbat night. Someone told me they stalk prey rather than spin a web like other spiders
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hey Matt, The video is hilarious. I know of a local guy who shot his house three times with a 12 gauge shotgun. He was trying to kill bats. I guess the guy don't like bats.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

:rolf: fireman said i got smoke hallucinations! :rolf:
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

OK... so you want a fight, huh?

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Theybscare mevtoo rick not all spiders donbut fibble backs are the boogeyman of spiders they like tonhide and thenncome out at night. Brown recluse havr extra eyes too maybe for huntingbat night. Someone told me they stalk prey rather than spin a web like other spiders
                    Yep, the only Brownie webs I've seen are where they attach the egg sacks to something. They venture out at night and drag (mainly dead) insects back to their "nest". They don't eat the outer shells of the insects. I'll often find a pile of wings and things and that's when I'll know there's a Brownie close. Also, very horrifying, they shed, or molt. They also leave behind exoskeletons as they grow. There's a good video somewhere of one of them molting and it looks just like something out of an alien movie. Yuck.
                  Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

[QUOTE]rixdafix wrote:

Originally posted by Hoss post=130669
                    Yep, the only Brownie webs I've seen are where they attach the egg sacks to something. They venture out at night and drag (mainly dead) insects back to their "nest". They don't eat the outer shells of the insects. I'll often find a pile of wings and things and that's when I'll know there's a Brownie close. Also, very horrifying, they shed, or molt. They also leave behind exoskeletons as they grow. There's a good video somewhere of one of them molting and it looks just like something out of an alien movie. Yuck.

They do in fact make webs - irregular ones without the usual symmetry of other spiders - but the threads act more like trip-wires to alert it to the presence of prey rather than for sticky entrapment. The web also sometimes contains a shelter constructed from dense randomly spun strands. Unlike most web-weavers, they leave their lairs at night to hunt. Unfortunately, cardboard is their preferred environment/habitat in homes since it mimics the dry wood of their natural habitat (log piles and such).
                    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I had a fight with an  adult Jumping Spider last week (the type in Roger's first pic). He was on the inside of the window sill, so I opened the screen to shoo him outside. I just used my hand to motion him out, and quicker than you could see it, he jumped on the end of my finger, bit me and jumped back into the house somewhere - it felt like a crab had pinched my finger for several hrs. The cocky little bastid:  thought they were sorta friendly until then..
                      http://www.spiders.us/image/phidippus-audax-43/

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I laughed like crazy when the guy said all furry  the size of a cocker spaniel That guy cracked me up to be sure and year I would hang out with him too. Whne I was about 20 I moved to Key West seeking my fortune. I met a bunch of folks who were extras in the movie "The Fog" this guy boat man told me a prerequiste to being an extra was he had to drink a pint of rum prior to work on the set. LOL  We  got to know him pretty good and he invited us. over. We went to his trailer and a bunch of ants started crawling up the wall. The entire wall was covered thety swarmed it in minutes . He got out a can of something and lit them up. Laughing the hole time. This short  movie gave me quite the flash back to those days.

Comment

Working...
                        X