Name the weirdest law in your state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the weirdest law in your state

This could be fun what is the weirdest Fish and Game law in your state.
    Here in East TN no Trout fishing on Thursdays
    Back in CT they had certain  days of the week for Crows  but no limit.
    Aug. 9 - Oct. 10
    We, Fr, Sa
    Oct. 18 - Nov. 29
    We, Fr, Sa
    Not sure if any of you ever ate crow maybe lots of folks have eaten hypothetical crow I am talking that dark greasy Crow meat. . I never hunted them my self but I worked with the little old Italian lady and she had a traps in her back yard and would bring them to work and share.  They were good when she put them in sauce but baked like a Turkey or cornish hen I gotta tell you Very  dark flesh and strong tasting. I asked about her traps she said she would trap them by putting bread crumbs under a an old steel cage milk crate with a string and a stick. Told me her father taught her how to do it.  She would get starlings too. Ahhh the good old days.
    So lets hear it what weird game laws are in your state.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

it is illegal to hunt whales in Utah. No, I am not making this up, lol.

Comment

'Loitering", makes me feel like i cant take a break!
      "Move over law"
      Probably half the drivers ignore though i always (when able) try and switch lanes away from a traffic stop. When there is traffic in a hurry its impossible sometimes and in my opinion could just create a wreck. Some officers even park out in the street with door open.
      Have seen accidents at traffic stops after the stop, still doesnt seem much safer though.
      Theres more   :laugh:
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Having to buy fishing licenses and hunting permits/tags (if you fish and hunt) seems wrong to me. Having to pay personal property tax (for something that is yours/purchased already) seems wrong also.
        Seems we may not be so free, at least slavery is gone.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

arrow719 wrote:

it is illegal to hunt whales in Utah. No, I am not making this up, lol.
             :rolf: Now that's funny!

Comment

Indiana- Don't know if I consider this weird but it sure does make things difficult if you figure out that on game day you need beer!
            No sale of Alcohol on Sundays! YAY

Comment

In Moline Illinois, ice skating at riverside pond during the month of June and august is prohibited
              Galesburg Illinois, 1000 $ fine for beating rats with a baseball bat.

Comment

http://www.ahajokes.com/laws039.html
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

If you load more then 8 bullets in your tube fed .22 you will be charged with a felony.. If you have a shotgun with a thumb hole in the stock its a considered assault rifle and if its not registered u will be charged with a felony..In the coming months if u want to purchase a box of.22 ammo you will have to go through a federal background check..To top it all off,  here in NY our doctors decide whether we should own a gun or not.. If you cherish your freedoms and love the outdoors dont move to NY..
                  My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

hvs, i feel for ya'll out there
                    heck here we dont even have a limit on how much ammo your rifle can have in it during deer season
                    i can take my AR deer hunting with a fully loaded 30 rd mag if i want to

Comment

We have never been able to put more then 5 rounds in for deer hunting.. 90% of our counties in the state voted against our governor this past election but when u have a city of 11 million people who dont know anything about our way of life,, we the outdoors men dont have a chance..
                      My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

http://www.ahajokes.com/laws039.html
                        It is illegal to coast downhill in your car with your transmission in neutral, or with the clutch disengaged.
                          :rolf:  :laugh: When I was young and foolish I used to do that with my old 54 Chevy. Turn the key off and when you turn it back on you get a loud backfire. I did that one too many times and blew the exhaust system apart.  :laugh:  :rolf:
                        Michigan Yooper
                        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

:laugh: In Escanaba Township (where I live) there is a blight ordinance against having a wood pile.  :dunno:
                          Michigan Yooper

Comment

If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
                            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

:laugh: In Michigan it is illegal to hunt wild game animals with a drone.  :laugh:
                              Michigan Yooper

Comment

Working...
                              X