ATTN Smart phone users! Cool APP for our addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN Smart phone users! Cool APP for our addiction

This is probably old news to some but I just found it so want to share. It's called Arrowhead Collector Journal. It's 100% free.
    This app allows you to do many things but mostly document your hunts and find locations via GPS. It allows you to take pics and videos and even has options to make power points if that's something your into. There is also ways to email or send your documentation to others. There is allot more so go check it out and be sure you hit the read more tab and see what all it has to offer.

Yes old I do not know anyone using it. I am not sure how safe an ap like that is? For instance if you take an insitu using the GPS does it give those coordinates in the photo's properties? It would make it simple for a ne'er-do-well to track your hunting grounds down.
    Next time you go to your spot you find foot prints and tiny divots in teh ground where all the points used to be. Be careful out there.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I have given a lot of thought towards ideas along these lines,  but as Hoss mentioned you have to be extremely carefull as to where you put information about your site finds. However I do think it's a good idea for collector's to keep a "collector's journal"  that helps keep track of were you found what, doesn't have to be exact as GPS, but I hate the idea that when many of us are gone, our finds become" arrowheads with no provenance" . Happens all the time. I have a little leather bound journal,  I use to record my collection. Works pretty good, and hopefully someday when I'm gone, whoever gets my collection will know exactly what's there, and whereabouts it came from.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

From what I understand you would have to physically send it to someone. The GPS is for the user to map out finds so they can get back to those spots in the future. There is a chat group option but it's not required you use it. I totally understand that concern tho.

Comment

I have a similar app called Arrowhead collector. I use it, but, I never have my gps on, the photos I take of my finds are taken off site, not insitu and then put in the app and my location descriptions are very vague. It is kind of cool. I also keep my finds stored or framed by site and noted as to location. After I'm gone who knows where my collection may end up of . At least if someone else or an Archy or museum ends up with the collection, they will be able to reference everything that came from a site.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
          X