Let's see some Cat picture's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see some Cat picture's!

Man's other best friend? :dunno: :laugh: Figure may as well have a topic about them too. This is Sully, He most likely has maine coon ancestry mostly,over 20 pounds but overweight (eats 20 times a day) a bit,, and about 5 years old. He was born at our old house in the country by a smart dumped mother cat and a very smart feral Dad cat that had never been in a house for over a decade (total) that was named Forest (may he rip lol/ will try to find a pic of him) but we decided to keep this one out of the litter. He was onry :laugh: REALLY hmy: but has settled down a bit over time. He has 4 white sock's and will catch a mouse if near his food.
    Anyway here's some pics. First one is just now,second is month or so back and last is about a year and a half back.

Hes a Wild one :laugh: Oh, he fetches too!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

It was worth a shot. :dunno:  :laugh:  Might already have a topic or 2 like this anyway.

Comment

This is Lucy aka Lucifer! Actually a sweet cat.

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

josh, im glad you started this topic
        im a cat person
        we have 3,when i get back home tomorrow i will post some pics
        dont think that one has main coon in him,doesnt appear to have any of the tell tail characteristics of one
        our oldest is a main coon,then we have two short hairs(a.k.a. tabbies)
        our last one was a black bombay,had him for 17 years,then we had to put him down for health reasons
        hardest thing i have ever had to do,i still miss him and still tear up when i see pics of him

Comment

My kitten stripes he's a little nut cracker!

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

This is blue

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Here's Snook: a six year old female that adopted me.
              When she thinks it's about time to eat she ambushes me, wailing on my leg with her claws.
              She's a bit rough around the edges, but I like her. 

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:

josh, im glad you started this topic
                im a cat person
                we have 3,when i get back home tomorrow i will post some pics
                dont think that one has main coon in him,doesnt appear to have any of the tell tail characteristics of one
                our oldest is a main coon,then we have two short hairs(a.k.a. tabbies)
                our last one was a black bombay,had him for 17 years,then we had to put him down for health reasons
                hardest thing i have ever had to do,i still miss him and still tear up when i see pics of him
                He's got an M on his head :dunno:  :laugh: Mouser&big. Cant wait to see them!

Comment

Oh I thought I saw a puddy cat

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

love the pictures guys
                    i love black cats
                    greg,yours looks like our last one we had
                    josh,that "M" doesnt mean hes a Main Coon
                    that is actually a sign of a tabby

Comment

ok heres some pics of our guys
                      first i will start with our oldest cat
                      his name is Fate
                      we were saving up to buy a Main Coon kitten,this was a couple years after we had to put our old friend down
                      one day the wife and i were sitting on our front steps when we spotted a stray cat across the street going from house to house
                      the wife said "oh look t the kitty",he looked over at us,then crossed the street and sat between us on the steps.turned over and put his belly up to get it rubbed. so i rubbed it for him. i inspected him and found to collar and that he was declawed.
                      he kept coming over for the next couple of weeks,the wife asked me if we should keep him.
                      i told er that if he wanted to make our house his home he would do it on his own, we then walked to the back door and he followed.
                      i opened the door and asked him if he wanted to make this his home.i promised him he would be well taken care of and treated well with lots of love. he looked up at me,put his tail in the air and walked in and he hasnt left yet.
                      we took him to the vet and had him checked over.he was in good health other than some mal nutrition,and neutered and had no micro chip,so we got to keep him.
                      weve had him for about three years now
                      the vet also said hes Main Coon
                      he is my buddy. he lays next to me all the time,goes to bed with me when i go to bed. i make a lip squeek sound and he comes running. doesnt matter who is petting him,i give him a look and he comes to me,like i said hes my buddy. i guess im his too.

Josh, if you look at the pics you can see what are the tell tail signs of a main coon
                      they have a real fluffy tail(like a raccoon),they have tufts of fur between the toes on the tops and bottoms of their feet,they have shorter hair on their back and it gets longer as it goes towards their bellies,also on the backs of their legs,plus they grow a mane like a lion.

Comment

next up is our second oldest cat
                        his name is Kizmet
                        we got him as a kitten from the local animal shelter 3 days after we took in Fate from streets
                        we figured he needed a little play mate.
                        kizmet was quite the hand full as a kitten,just as rambunctious as can be
                        a wild little thing,we knew that when we looked at him at the shelter. we fell in love with him right then and there.
                        hes a tabby cat (notice the M on the forehead).very lovable little fellow,hes the wifes little buddy.
                        he will lay under the covers with her for hours and hours on end,gets jealous of our youngest cat when the little one is laying with her.

Comment

last but not least
                          is our youngest cat Karma
                          hes a domestic short hair
                          we got him as a kitten from the local pet shop. he was there thanks to one of the local animal shelters who bring cats in for show and sale.
                          we had taken our other two to the pet shop because our vet makes visits there to give check ups and shots,its cheaper to go there than it is to his office as we dont have to pay for an office visit.
                          well while we were waiting our turn,i went over and looked at the kittens the shelter had brought in.
                          this little guy caught my attention. he was so cute and wild and full of piss and vinegar.
                          he kept reaching out of his cage and pulling at my hat.
                          they took him out of the cage so i could hold him.the wife came over and looked at me with that look. im sure you guys know which look im talking about.
                          the girl at the pet store asked if i wanted to take him home (of course i wanted to).
                          i then looked at the wife and handed the little guy to her an said " if its up to me hes coming home with us,so you make the decision"
                          well after couple of minuted of holding him she agreed to let me bring him home.
                          he was a little hellian as a young kitten,always getting into everything.
                          he even ate stuffed animals,but only the feet and tails from them.
                          one day we noticed he just wasnt himself. then he quite eating and started throwing up so we took him to the vet.
                          he checked him over and took xrays,found out he had an intestinal blockage. told us he could do surgery but it would be spendy.
                          we decided to spend the money on him because he is a member of the family,we would do it for our children so why not our pets.
                          hes good and healthy now.
                          he is a cool little cat. loves to play fetch.
                          he has these little crinckle balls he plays with.
                          he will drop one at your feet and meow at you,then you have to pick it up and throw it.he then darts after it and bats it around a little,then carries it back and drops it at your feet again.if you dont pick it right up and throw it,he will meow again until you do.

Comment

ok now im gonna show ya'll a pic of our old cat
                            his name was Colt
                            he was a black bombay
                            in his prime he was a great watch cat,and weighed 21 lbs.
                            the vet said hes not fat,just a large cat because of the breed.
                            years ago i worked nights driving tow truck and many times he warned the wife of things that werent right out around the house.
                            when he heard something that wasnt right he would get all puffed up and stand guard at the door way to the bed room.
                            he would play hockey with the wife when she would be in the kitchen.
                            we had little foam rubber balls that he would bat towards her feet,then he would sit in the kitchen door way and block them as she would try and kick them through the door.
                            so heres a pic of him in his older years,after he had lost some weight due to his health issue
                            im posting this pic even though it will bring tears to my eyes to look at it.

Comment

Well thanks sneakygroundbuzzard. Nice looking kitties btw!

Comment

Working...
                              X