oh no they didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh no they didn't

I was hunting last night and getting off at four doesn't leave much daylight do I packed my head lamp and flashlights accordingly. I personally like creek hunting in the dark because it's easier to see. I guess my family spotted my car around 5 and then again at 7. My sister called my mom and started what I like to call mass hysteria. They actually called the police because I wouldn't answer my phone. I'm in the middle of the boonies and don't get reception and honestly IM not a slave to my phone anyway. The funny thing is is that they know me...and can't understand me but know me. I guess I should be thankful for their loving concern for my safety. As my mom reminded me of how I was "humped" by a buck two years ago and other things could happen...the list was long...she has a great imagination!

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh Indiana!
    Not always a good thing to call the cops for someone with a weapon though.
    Glad you're keeping family in perspective
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Tell us a little more of creek hunting in the dark please. I know some materials can be reflective, possibly even with moonlight but curious!
      The buck story has to be good also. :laugh:
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Lol the buck story happened in Ross Ohio two years ago during the full rut season and I was in a creek hunting. I didn't even hear him come up on me until he snorted. He jumped up on me , fractured my collar bone, blacked my eye and gave me three lacerations to the top of my head. Didn't know what had happened and after talking about it with people I know they said it was trying to make sweet love to me. Apparently women should not be out in full rut that time of the month. As fast as that happened he was gone. took me awhile to get past the fear but I did. Hunting at night is awesome. It does exactly what you said! I look in water that's no more than 7 inches deep. Try it out and I bet you will be hooked.

Comment

That's a scary story, your probably lucky it wasn't worse, my aunt was attacked in Indiana, out picking wildflowers for her sons school project one morning. Did that make you want to take up hunting?  :dunno:
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

No it didn't. My main thought was trying to understand why it happened and preventing it from happening again lol.

Comment

That sucks! Darn buck. Have had coyotes check me out when peeing :silly:
              Any points you can share that you found at night?
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

This forth ancient just the other night and this pig tooth

Comment

They can be very aggressive during the rut. Glad you are ok and not afraid people have been hurt far worse in the past.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

They always seem to run away from me.. :laugh: Glad your ok it could have been alot worse or even fatal..
                    My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

Umm.. Sorry for misunderstanding your story Indiana: glad you made it out of there!
                      Take the dog or Remington next time - there's no season on self defense.
                      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Olden...You are fine! It bothered me for a week after. You wouldn't believe how many people LOL about it. A guy here at work came busting thru my office door a few weeks after it happened and yelled..."Help, I just got attacked by a herd of squirrels". I can laugh about it now! You wouldn't believe how bad I got tease  :rolf:

Comment

Working...
                        X