My Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Opinion

I posted to a thread and have no bases of fact. I am not educated. But in my mind, I make sense of how things should or what happened went. It may or may not have happened. The "Forum" is how I learn. The pool of opinions and the members is better than any college. So when I speak/type It is nothing more than my opinion. 
    Just want all to know!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Good point and well said Chase. I agree and also would like to express that my opinions are part what I have learned from reliable sources, mixed with my own and frequently incorrect personal interpretations. I often over think things, this characteristic can be a good and bad. At the same time I've often spoke to soon without giving adequate thought . I'm learning,   always trying to realize my mistakes or shortcomings so I can continue to grow... This is a great place for doing just that
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Voicing opinion is the very heart of a forum. Even if they are wrong, a healthy discussion of why is virtually always mutually beneficial. I kept a journal and reported almost daily as I excavated my site. Reading back over it, Im amazed at how many times I was dead wrong when the facts were more complete. Preconceived notions were my worst enemy.  That's a big problem in the professional archaeology world too. A student studies under Dr Guru and is taught certain things. When the facts dnt line up with what he was taught, sometimes good data gets discarded as tainted.  Solid opinions and open minds MUST go together.

Comment

Well said all.
        Learning is what it's all about. I love knowing that everyday I have learned something and in so doing know less than I did.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
        X