Tuppence or two wooden nickels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyflintguy wrote:

One of my favorite memory's from working with my Dad, was doing some work for a prominent local Doctor.  The Doc made the remark "I can't believe how much this is going to cost", to Wich my Dad replied with a smile "Have you been to the Doctor lately?".....
      Classic! Kudos to your Dad. Sorry about your Dad too, you never know what and when you'll do the wrong thing or the years of abuse will take their toll.
    40 + years here, back has it's moments as do many other body parts, wake up each morning and wonder what's going to hurt today till you work the kinks out. I can't do it like when I was a young buck but can still keep up a pretty good pace. Like they say, Work smarter, not harder.
    One, 12 1/2 years roofing? That's something I avoid like the plague,that is tough on the body and rates right up there with hanging and finishing drywall. Shoot, I'd rather change out a crappy toilet!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Ya'll who can wield a hammer -and- nails are the finest kind! My greatgrandfather was a stonemason in PA who built stone bridges; my granddad was a carpenter -and- I still have a stool he made out of wormy chestnut; and my dad could make some pretty amazing things in his spare time, like a dollhouse for me. Kudos to all of you! :kiss:
      Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
      X