Calm Down, Jim!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calm Down, Jim!!

Somebody want to fit this guy for a nice room with rubber walls and a view?
    "Yes! We got it baby!!" How many times does Jim Cantore experience thundersnow in Boston??! Watch him geek out as Winter Storm Neptune intensifies off the ...

Yesterday, during New England's weekly blizzard. Nice job, Jim. "Best Performance by a Weatherman Not in Immanent Danger"
    Rhode Island

he actually did this on air?
    i dont get what he is so excited about
    having thunder and even lightening isnt that uncommon during a snow fall
    we get that just about every year, early in the winter and late in the winter during the transition periods of the seasons
    weve even had it during the middle of winter

Comment

Excerpts from the above are now the Weather Channel's promo ad. Oh, surprise, surprise....
      Rhode Island

Comment

sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:

we get that just about every year, early in the winter and late in the winter during the transition periods of the seasons
        Yep, he did that on air. Absolutely had a promo ad in mind when he did. They showed that clip once every 10 minutes, at least, all night long Sunday night.  And now it's their promo :rolf:  inch:
        Jim's an excitable guy, just doesn't take much :dry:  :huh:  :dry:  :unsure:
        Rhode Island

Comment

that is pretty sick the visibility is like 5 yards or so in the last part due to blowing snow.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:

According to their on-air severe winter weather expert, thunder snow happens rarely-- he said 7-8 times a year. Jim recorded 6 events while he was filming live. He was the meteorologist who made the term "thunder snow" a well known factoid and, as a weather geek, was overcome with exuberance as thunder snow flashed all around him, live.
            What can I say? We get pretty excited when we find an awesome point, don't we? 'Course, we're not on the air when we find one, unless we're filming a Youtube video. Guess I would throw myself face-down in a creek if I found the perfect Pelican Lake or Adena!  :laugh:
            Child of the tides

Comment

[QUOTE]Havenhunter wrote:

Originally posted by sneakygroundbuzzard post=151863
                According to their on-air severe winter weather expert, thunder snow happens rarely-- he said 7-8 times a year. Jim recorded 6 events while he was filming live. He was the meteorologist who made the term "thunder snow" a well known factoid and, as a weather geek, was overcome with exuberance as thunder snow flashed all around him, live.
              What can I say? We get pretty excited when we find an awesome point, don't we? 'Course, we're not on the air when we find one, unless we're filming a Youtube video. Guess I would throw myself face-down in a creek if I found the perfect Pelican Lake or Adena!  :laugh:
                Oh sure, not suggesting the man's not entitled to be tickled pink by whatever does it for him. But, I laughed when that network repeated it many times per hour, and I knew that response by him was partly for the camera, so they could make a new promo featuring Cantore. Sure, he's a weather geek, no doubt, but he was also acting there, so his employer could make another ad of Jim Cantore losing it. At the time, I said to my wife "that's their new ad", and sure enough I nailed it :lol: it's now their new ad.
              I just get a kick out of what seems "over the top" weather reports. Guys and gals standing in 3" of water while talking about floods, guys bracing themselves in 70 mph winds while looking very, very silly. "C'mon in out of the hurricane, ya darn fool!"
              Rhode Island

Comment

It is over-the-top. Ever since Universal bought NBC, CNBC, and the TWC it's all about hype, entertainment, exaggerated reporting, and mega-stars on all 3 networks. That's how Brian Williams got himself into trouble. And Jim Cramer worked himself up into a heart attack! It's all about the ratings, not necessarily quality journalism like I was taught in school.
                Child of the tides

Comment

Just looks like gusts of wind carrying flakes his direction. hmy:  :dunno:  :laugh: But if he was hearing thundersnow, no biggee.   :laugh:
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I kinda agree with Deb, that's how I act when artifact hunting  :rolf: get the padded room available  :crazy:

Comment

I liked the video of the little kid watching this video.  He got just as excited.
                      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                      X