Got firewood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got firewood?

Wondering how many members here burn wood? I have this outdoor wood boiler that heats my 2000sq ft house hot water and my taxidermy shop..Im feeding this fire breathing dinosaur more wood this year then i can ever remember doing during a winter .. Im just about out of the 15 cords of wood i had and thats 15 mason dump truck loads.. :sick: Wondering what alternative methods some of u may have instead of being a slave to this monster..
    My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Our fireplace is out of comission/very old home and chimney need's repair. There's no heat like what comes from a real fire though!   No firewood.   Messed up my knee pushing a 2 wheel wheelbarrel all over the woods. :laugh:  It doesn't bother me much unless I go looking for point's "too long".
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

When we built our house we installed a Rumford fireplace, large enough to roast an ox in -and- was supposed to be fuel efficient. It smoked like a demon -and- sucked all the heat out of the house instead.    Along came this region's infamous 1998 Christmas Eve ice storm -and- the Rumford almost asphyxiated us in our sleep. The next Fall we installed a small Danish-made wood stove inside that cavernous fireplace. It will heat approx. 800 sq. feet to almost 80 degrees. Of course then the heat pump won't come on -and- the back rooms freeze! I love a wood fire but it has its limitations.
      Child of the tides

Comment

Not me, but another method i hear of people using used motor oil for heating their "outbuilding's" or shop's. Now that might not be the best method environmentally, but it's another method. Really want a wood stove for garage, if it's legal. :dunno:
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
        X