THE FLU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE FLU!

Lordy, I hope none of you folks come down with this.
    Temperatures finally in the upper forties and fifties this week, snow gone and I come down with the flu.
    Today, feeling pretty much back to normal but I haven't been sick like this in I think decades! Started Monday and I have been nothing but laid up all week. Every muscle and joint in the body just hurt to no end. High fever, brutal chills, wicked cough.
    Being an old timer now, I think from here on out I'm going to take the advice of getting a flu shot much more seriously
    Stay healthy my friends.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

I don't do the shot's, never have and haven't had the flu in about 4 or more year's. I know of many people that got sick after the shot, shortly after mostly. It does suck, had flu and strep throat combined 4 years ago  :sick: , but maybe if you got the shot you would be ok  :dunno: . Anyway get well soon!
    Fluids and rest!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

greg, hope ya feel better
      the flu shot only covers one strain of the flu
      it varies from year to year which strain it covers,all depends on what the cdc says is going to be the one that causes an out break that year
      i never get a shot,havent had the flu in i dont remember how long
      i have a little rule i follow during cold and flu season
      if i hear anyone sniffle/sneeze/cough or blow their nose i require an 8 ft minimum distance to be kept

Comment

Wow, pretty late in the season. Glad to hear you're coming out of it and feeling better again.
        Rhode Island

Comment

This was the worst year for illness I have ever saw. Seems like everyone I know was ill at some point. My family passed around a Flu like virus twice this winter, but both times we tested negative for Flu.
          Hope your feeling better. That's hard on a working man especially if you have to be outside in the cold.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

If I get the flu now, it's your fault Greg for posting here and contaminating the site! I gotta go wash my hands now. :laugh:
            Good to hear your starting to feel better my disease passing friend! :side:
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

Sorry to hear it, but you can take a little comfort in that you got the flu at this time of the year and not when the weather really breaks.

Comment

Well I get a flu shot every year and have done so for 20 + years. Never had the flu I do not want the flu but Sneaky is right even though I take the precautionary shot it does not matter it only reduces my chances of getting it.. It only covers one strain and if there are several heating up that year I could be in trouble. '
                Anyway sorry Greg Good to hear you are feeling better man. Hang in there.
                Hoss
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Sneaky, i got allergies something fierce! Always have, animals,plants but not food. :laugh:
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Get well soon Greg.  I know what you're going through.  I had it about 10 years ago.  It really knocks you on your butt.
                    South Dakota

Comment

Get better quick.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better Greg. I always get a flu shot.
                        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

he puts up a good fight! dont let him beat cha' up too bad! :laugh: 
                          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

You are right about the total body pain Greg the flue will knock the poop out of you.
                            Get well my friend.   :cheer:
                            Bruce
                            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                            X