National Meat-Free Day Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Meat-Free Day Today

Today driving into work, I heard a commercial telling me it is National Meat-Free Day urging everyone to eat entirely vegan. It went on to interview chefs who all told me they could prepare a meal using tofu and gluten as mock meat and I would not know the difference. First of all, does this seem a bit hypocritical. Why sell the concept of avoiding meat by assuring people they can make it taste like meat. If you are going to all the trouble to make Mock Meat, just have meat, and the only way you are going to trick me is if you drowned the "mock meat" in gravy or sauce which would be just as bad for me as having that T-bone. As for me, I am craving a Monster Burger at Hardees today. Have a great Meat-Free Day
    Is it me or has the Human Race finished? :dunno:

Yeah, it looks like a big push by the tofu manufacturers to sell their product. I'll be eating that stuff about the same time that they get the lions, tigers and polar bears to eat it at the San Diego Zoo. There's a Hardee just a couple or three miles from where I live. Maybe, I'll celebrate the day by eating lunch there.  :rolf: Seems like there is a "day" for every cockamamie idea out there. Next it will be "National Take Your Mother-in-law To Work Day" :laugh:

Comment

no meat????
      what they heck is up with that
      i will quit eating meat about two days after i die
      i think in celebration of "natl meat free day" im going to put 3 chickens on the rotisserie for supper tonight
      you know vegetarian is an old NA word for bad hunter    lol

Comment

Do you mean "National Take Your Mother-in-Law to Work and Leave Her Day"?

Comment

Now guys I don't think we are being sensitive to the feelings of todays New America....Maybe it is time for you to give Gluten Mock Steaks a try.  You might find them personally satisfying and you will be able to sleep better knowing that a young calf is starving the a field because there are too many cattle because no one is eating them.  And think of the methane production which will lead to increased CO2 and yes, global warming, which will cause a rise in sea level flooding out most of the coastal regions forcing people to move to the mid-west which will shift the socio-political setting from conservative to liberal leading to another 8 years of progressive reasoning and national laws forbidding the eating of meat which will................ :blink:  wait a minute..... :S   This is all a conspiracy inspired by the liberals of America.  We Are Doomed  :evil:
          How is that for some Friday Afternoon Philosophy :crazy:

Comment

I failed miserably. I had bacon for breakfast, Homemade jerky for a snack, cold cuts sub for lunch, and it will be beaf steak for supper.  :laugh:
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

You disappoint me Ron, seriously

Comment

Sure am glad I didn't know. Would have missed out on the corn dogs, venison sausage, liver and onions and pork rinds for lunch!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I am a meat eater. I have eaten road kill. No lie either. Years ago I was working shipping and receiving for a company and the driver dropped his trailer and came inside and said hey Hoss come out side I want to show you something. Tied across the catwalk on back of his tractor is this awesome buck with a broken antler. He says two does ran across rt 84 right in front of him so he happened to look in the side view and here comes the buck! He smashes right into the side of the trailer breaking his antler and neck. Ole Jeff called the troopers and asked them to tag it for him. He field dressed it and ties it on. brought it back North after seeing me and brought us all Jerky from that buck abut three weeks later. No kidding he gave each of us about three pounds of it.
                  Now the funny part. My daughter finds the bag in the kitchen  cupboard and digs in my son sees her munching and he digs in. LOL " Good beef jerky Dad. Uh, guys that is Bambi's dad says I. I got a weird look from my daughter who swore she would never ever eat venison. I gotta say that was the  first time they liked venison and never turned their nose up to it again either.  I will tell you I use the good seasons Italian dressing. The kind with that little cruet. I use that  to marinade it and they cannot believe what they were missing. Now my son hunts his own and my daughter wants to learn how to. Ha I told her to learn from her brother. My woods days are about done.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Boy Greg I bet you stay pretty regular.

Comment

:laugh:  dead's dead Hoss, bullet or Buick its all meat in the freezer,lol. ive eaten roadkill too. as long as its fresh and cleaned right theres nothing beyond the taboo of it being "roadkill" thats wrong with it. theres no such thing as "dont eat meat" in my family,lol. almost all our family stories and traditions revolve around hunting and fishing. heres one " why was there no such thing as a vegan before the 1960's? because they'd all be dead by February"  :laugh:  im sorry.. i'll be nice.
                      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Cousin Jeff from Illinois got a call from a local farmer telling him that he had a couple cows go through the ice on his farm pond and died.Armed with a chainsaw Jeff did a little custom carving and salvaged what he could.Hey sometimes the best beef is free beef...mjm

Comment

Hey all you road kill connoisseurs. If your friends or family members don't like the phrase "Road Kill" Then tell them it's "Shoulder Meat". Yup I picked it up right on the shoulder of the road.
                          Michigan Yooper
                          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron Kelley wrote:

Hey all you road kill connoisseurs. If your friends or family members don't like the phrase "Road Kill" Then tell them it's "Shoulder Meat". Yup I picked it up right on the shoulder of the road.
                              :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf: : I love it! Moose shoulder, whitetail shoulder, etc. Not sure about possum shoulder but what the heck, as the old sailors use to say, "any old port in a storm".  :laugh:

Comment

I was driving up the road on early October headed for some fields I know to look for points. The Cock Pheasant runs out in front of me so I break and it runs into the other lane. I speed back up as I have a clear lane now. The bird sees another car coming from the other direction and makes a u turn and runs right back in front of me.  I could not help but hit him. So I says to my self I said self. I said self!  That bird will go nice with some sauce over a bed of spaghetti. I stop grab him and put him on the floor in the passenger seat. I am cruising along about 55 mile and hour on rt 84 about fifteen minutes later the little sucker decided to pull a Houdini and come back from the dead. He hops up on the passenger seat. Mad and kicking and scrathing. They have spurs not big as a turkey but still can git ya. He must have been groggy because he never saw it coming.  I grabbed him by his neck and gave him the bull whip maneuver I learned from my grandmother.  And yeah he made it to Sunday dinner after all
                              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                              X