Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Interest

Greetings,
    I am curious as to the forum member's other interest besides arrowheads and ancient relics.  I myself have only been aware of a arrowhead hunting/collecting community for the past three months or so, therefore I want to know if the rest of the community has any other interests that I might share.
    My other personal hobbies/activities are:
    1)Work(Arrowheads.com and others)
    2)TV(Science/Discovery/History channels or SportsCenter 95% of the time)
    3)Spending time with the wife and boy
    4)Classes(Senior at Ole Miss in Oxford, MS...done in May!)
    What about the rest of you, do you have anything in common with me?  Post up some of your stuff that interests you or you spend time on...

I enjoy hunting, long range shooting, camping, fishing, and spending time with my wife and two kids. I enjoy most all outdoor activities.

Comment

When I'm not out looking for artifacts which is most of my free time.I'm working.I love my wife, because we share the same hobbies and we are always together.Oh one of the things we do is, spend our Saturdays watching oklahoma sooner football.Which also includes my wife.  This is my wife and we are going out to catch some creek bass,and we love walking the creek. Here I am right before our first cast,with the fish basket.
         Attached files 

Comment

Lots of interesting things people do right? We of course being retired 10 years now love to travel. Sold the ranch and went full-time RVing 10 years ago and just this summer built a house again. We also love to geocache and I always have a eye out for interesting Indian hiatory places. Have traveled in New Mexico and Arizona for the past few winters and were able to visit several of the old Indian vilages. Of course fishing hiking exploring old towns and mines in the Southwest is fun. Also have a metel detctor and hunt coins and artifacts with that.  B)

Comment

Public high School Social Studies teacher =10 months
          Commercial catfisherman  =2months   
          Year round artifact collector
          Flintlock deer hunter = three per year
          Full time father, one 21 and identical twins age 5.
          Full time husband
          Bourbon guzzler, Friday perhaps Saturday nights
          Full time prankster and bull$hitter, especially on Friday and Saturday nights
          Darn good flintknapper
          Boker knife collector
          Owner of a 49 Ford F-1 pickup, my grandfathers and a 68 Plymouth Roadrunner, my toy.
          Metal detector-Civil War items and coins
          A crotchety old fart in the making

Comment

Er...there's life outside artifacts!?  Kidding, I like fishing, hiking, sightseeing in general.  I enjoy the History Channel, Discovery, any documentary involving the ocean and techtonics; my kids are in college and in the military so the wife and I travel as much as we can and prowl european antique markets.

Comment

Oxford, Mississippi, eh? You read any Faulkner? I love his stuff, esp. "Light in August" -and- "As I Lay Dying". What do you think about the Ole Miss mascot hubbub? ED

Comment

Ive never really dived into any of his work much Ed, and the whole mascot thing is a load of bullcrap...id rather have nothing than being having a black bear that has nothing to do with Ole Miss or its traditions

Comment

I enjoy hunting, fishing, fur trapping, Creation education.

Comment

Being from NE Ohio I watch Buckeye football on Saturday, when I am not watching or following Mount Union College football. MUC is in my hometown and have won many natiional championships in DIV III NCAA football. Satisfying 100 women daily! (Unfortunatly I am a dairy farmer and not a stud.) Woodworking and reading. I am with you Andrew on the discovery, history channels, however I spend most of my sports viewing on NFL network. As you could probably guess I am a Browns fan so it has been pretty grim the past few seasons, but old Colt McCoy gives me hope he looks pretty good.
                      For those who don't know, being a Cleveland fan in any sport is very comparable to awakening every morning and punching yourself in the groin.

Comment

Nice to see another Ohioan on here especially one who likes the Browns and the Buckeyes!!! I agree its usually very painful to be a Cleveland sports fan! lol

Comment

Pleased to hear from another Ohioan. Hope your Turkeyday went well. I recently came across an awesome Thebes E-notch found in Coshocton Co. West Lafayette, Ohio. I am sending it in for authentication here in the near future. Look fwd to seeing more of your stuff. Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill, I did have a great Thanksgiving, I hope yours was good as well. A Thebes E- Notch, huh? That's on my list of dream finds, along with fluted points and dovetails! Look forward to seeing a pic of it when you get it back. Take care - Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X