River Dredging Hulks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Dredging Hulks

Having hunted up and down the Arkansas River around Tulsa and Sand Springs I have found a number of what appear to be old river dredging platforms. They have huge diesel motors and were left to rust in the river.
    It saddens me to think of the thousands of artifacts and fossils that were probably destroyed in the process of removing tons of sand from the riverbed.
    I don't know a thing about river dredging operations but thought these massive hulks were interesting enough to share.
    Thanks for looking!

Seems like somebody would salvage it!!!

Comment

Apparently not.  I tried to salvage this old pick-up truck but I couldn't get it to move.

Comment

You'd think a wave of scrap hounds would be all over that.  There's alot of steel there.

Comment

Too heavy to move with no feasible way to get it over the levy and through the woods.  Plus the water rises over all this stuff on an almost daily basis.

Comment

Cool pics , Zmaj-we'll be seeing a lot more views like these after the zombie apocalypse.

Comment

ZmajSnoshaj wrote:

Apparently not.  I tried to salvage this old pick-up truck but I couldn't get it to move.
                I can't imagine why it wouldn't move, lol.
              Neat pictures!
              11KBP

Comment

Lots of old junk in those rivers. Shows us a picture of yesterday.
                Jack

Comment

Interesting show. Kind of depressing to think of the destuction as you said.
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                  X