Meteorite Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteorite Men

Has anyone watched a show called Meteorite Men on the Science Channel?
    I caught an episode last week and it really made me want to go out /w the metal detector and see what I could find.  Got them recording on DVR from now on...wish I could find a million dollar meteorite like they did last week haha

I don't get the channel and so I've never seen it, but I am aquainted with one of those guys, and up till a few years ago, I collected meteorites for 20+ years.  The meateorite collecting community consist of collectors, who depend on hunters, who depend on scientists for classifying their finds.  Hunters are usually collectors as well, and some, like Mike Farmer of Arizona fly the world over when they catch a whiff of a new fall.  Best place to find meteorites is where they've already been found, whether they were a witnessed fall or an old or new find.  The link goes to the archive of the meteorite-list, which is a gathering place of the community.

Rhode Island

Comment

I stopped watching that show.  It was good.  But they were having too much luck and fun and I got jealous and won't watch it anymore.  When I see a commercial for it while watching TV with the wife I say, "I hate those guys", hahahahahha!!!!! :lol:  :lol:
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

I watch it every Tuesday at 11pm, i haven't seen any of season one but ive just about talked my wife into taking a trip to Chile to gather little meteorites from an impact area...I just know that I could make a magnet sled to pick all that stuff very quickly
        CMD, which of them did you say you knew?

Comment

Working...
        X