Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever started a random picture post?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0296.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	472680

Someone just gave this to me about two weeks ago. None of us knew what it was, but it was military, and he knew I liked that sort of thing, so he gave it to me. After hours of searching by myself, and days of debates among members of the International Ammunition Collectors Association, it was determined that it is an M339 Armor Piercing-Tracer shell, fired by the M4A1/M4A2 76mm Sherman tanks in WWII. It's a solid hunk of steel, don't worry, no kaboom.

@Lindenmeier-Man
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• This has been an ongoing picture post, so dont know if this image is in here across all 32 pages but if not....here you go....thought this was funny....hope u enjoy Click image for larger version  Name:	20200804_181313.png Views:	0 Size:	222.3 KB ID:	475804
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• 11 pound lead bullet
        I found this slug while covering new ground. Covering some ridges by a favorite spring. The ground all looked like small earthquake or lightning strike. Big chunks of the layer below the turtle layer” dont know name” but ground blown up. Look around for shell parts and found this..
        Attached Files
        N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

• ...talk to land owner about and he told me about guy who had a cannon and use to go there to fire. Was a wwII naval barrel he cut down so it looked to scale. He poured the lead in cutoff piece to form bullet. Put charge in thehollowed out area, I have a pic of it going off, from him, but never saw in person.

Comment

• Kaaboom...
            Attached Files

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a freaking awesome picture.

• .....after seeing that tracer shell and finding picture, I did a little reconnecting and found out owner/ builder recently passed. I was hoping to pick a date and donate a few old tractor batteries for bullets.
            now I cant sleep, dreaming hard on adding to my inventory. This is only picIve seen of the thing.
            It looks beautifully built from here...

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Find out what happened to the cannon and see if you can aquire it.

• I fell off a ladder yesterday and I am really sore. This picture cheered me up though. Click image for larger version

Name:	tires.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	488679
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• antmike915
              antmike915 commented
              Editing a comment
              wouldn't want to be behind that vehicle going down the road.

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              things could always be worse! LOL

• Benji
              Benji commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh the irony in that pic

Attached Files
            🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Benji
              Benji commented
              Editing a comment
              Major fail

• Optimism
            Click image for larger version

Name:	optimisim.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	488864
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Ron Kelley
              Ron Kelley commented
              Editing a comment
              Can't see the forest for the trees. Can't see the yearling for the ears. lol :-)

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Jungel Tree.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.8 KB ID:	489225Native using a stone axe in Peru. Photo taken by Douglas Deming.
            Last edited by Narrow Way Knapper; 09-22-2020, 12:32 AM.
            South Carolina

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              .man that's that's crazy....just to carve his initials.in tree....why did he have to go so high up I wonder?

• Benji
              Benji commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess they didnt want someone to carve over their initials😀

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              That's funny Benji!

• I would think the bottom is taken .. just a thought

Comment

• I believe the picture was taken in the 70s. I think I remember Doug telling me that they were clearing for an airstrip. Less to chop through at that height. A similar method was and is still used to fell big trees. Look up logging springboard. After the tree died, they probably burned out the rest of the stump.
              South Carolina

Comment

• Just liked the pic....left the rock there .SW Connecticut Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201008_122425_5~2.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	494702
                SW Connecticut

Comment

• Nice pic.. looks like where the trees were cut down grass grows. Is there forage under the trees?
                  That water looks calm. Dam? Irrigation?
                  that ground looks like the top dries out crusty and its greasy under but not necessarily mucky?
                  tough “looking for stuff” conditions

Comment

• Thanks Fat...this spot is about 6 .miles.in from the ocean..a big river....the grass is covered at high tide...and the darkness. U see is algae slimy...it'll be gone in a month with the frost coming so will the grass...i can walk this river edge for bout a mile at low tide ..the water edge is about 20 feet lower at dead low. The artifacts seem to erode down from the banks near the trees and in from river when there's heavy rain and flooding the rock s change twice a day with the tides ....a well known NA fishing camp during the summer....thousands of years ...
                    Last edited by redrocks; 10-08-2020, 09:57 PM.
                    SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                    X