Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever started a random picture post?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	for pete.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	351.3 KB
ID:	268265Click image for larger version

Name:	Dandy.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	268266Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00052.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	268267Click image for larger version

Name:	friti.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	268268
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Spear Hunter
      Spear Hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Your Canon works just fine, it's really not the camera, it is the lens that makes a great picture. My Grandson has a Canon, and some of his pictures are a lot better than mine.

I love fresh Catfish

This is all that's left of an old wagon

This is the Ferry on the Green River in Mammoth Cave National Park

Comment

I have spent the night inside this tree.

She used to take tourist for rides down the river and back, I believe that the owner died and she has since been retired.

The is one of about 8 old home sites that I have found in the park, I would love to swing my Garrett AT Pro around this place.

I camp along the river for weeks at a time, I have been on the river in my Kayak for about 185 days this year. I am retired

There are a few caves along the river that I can paddle into, they don't go very far, this one goes for about 50 feet. Nice place to rest and get out of the heat of the day.

Most of these pictures where taken a few years ago with a Kodak point and shoot camera

A few hands full of my favorites

Comment

For about 25 years before I got into kayaking, I would hike and camp in the deep woods of the park.

This is Bear, he was my first Rottweiler.

This Ferry is still in operation today.

I sleep in this little tent, when it's to cold to sleep in my hammock.

This is my Hennessy hammock

It only weighs 2 pounds

This is enough for 1 day. I hope that haven't bored anyone to death with all these pics, I have about 85 more pages in my bucket account. I will post a few more when my busy schedule permits.
        Last edited by Spear Hunter; 10-17-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• JoshinMO
          JoshinMO commented
          Editing a comment
          Great Pictures, look's like You had a very good time many time's.

• krispy
          krispy commented
          Editing a comment
          did you bring your lab with you during kayaking?? If so, I am curious what kind kayak you have? I have been look for one for myself and my dog.

Pictures look wonderful! looks like fun

We have several Great Blue Heron Rookeries here in Sevierville. You can spot them along Dolly Paron Pkwy. Behind Weigels and behind O'riely auto parts is another. Great pictures. I have been thinking about getting a Kayak. I have to loose a few more pounds though. I had an accident and that pretty much made me sit around too much and I put on way too much weight. Lost 62 pounds so far this year. By next summer I should be ready to get that Kayak. What type Kayak are you using? I like the jackson ones because you can stand up on them. Not sure I can afford one as a beginner but I like the looks of them.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the second knife but the handle on the first one looks unusable to me.

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s your plan for weight loss Hoss.

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
        We have several Great Blue Heron Rookeries here in Sevierville. You can spot them along Dolly Paron Pkwy. Behind Weigels and behind O'riely auto parts is another. Great pictures. I have been thinking about getting a Kayak. I have to loose a few more pounds though. I had an accident and that pretty much made me sit around too much and I put on way too much weight. Lost 62 pounds so far this year. By next summer I should be ready to get that Kayak. What type Kayak are you using? I like the jackson ones because you can stand up on them. Not sure I can afford one as a beginner but I like the looks of them.
        Glad you enjoy my pics Hoss. I have lost about 23 pounds this year myself. I have 2 kayaks, the orange one is a Wilderness Systems Pamlico 100 and my other is Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 SOT kayak, I cant stand up in it, but it is a lot more stable than the Pamlico. I have been to the Smokies a few times on my bike. There are a lot of great roads to ride in that part of TN and NC.

Comment

Buzz-off clothing keeps the ticks and chiggers from eating me alive while in the deep woods

Comment

Took me a few hours to dig this out of the ground, and I have no idea what it is.

This is an opening to an awesome cave

He stopped by for breakfast one morning.

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice TA!

These are Sand hill cranes

Comment

• I caught this guy on my property one day

All my gear for 2 weeks on the river fits inside my kayak

It all goes inside this little hatch

Frank rides in the rear

The Indians lived here for thousands of years

This is a petrified log in the sandstone

Comment

• This is the land that time forgot, and it goes for miles.

I never get lost any more

Can you spot the flint scrapper?

I spend weeks exploring the deep woods of Kentucky.

Sometimes I bring small groups, 3 or 4 people at time.

Most of the time, it's just me an my Wiener.

I call this place, the land of a thousand caves.

This is where the people lived, that ate all the Mammoths.

This is the only way in and out, not many people know about this place. Hundreds of people lived here, for thousands of years.

A section of the old road, you can see part of an old wall.

This was a large 2 story log cabin built in the early 1800's.

This side was the kitchen and the other side was the living room.

In the spring, the flowers still come out that Grandma planted over 200 years ago.

And you can start a fire in it today.

Comment

• Spear Hunter
                  Spear Hunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's at the top of the picture, see the piece of dark flint.

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got it. I was looking at the center of the picture where most people want to focus on.

• Spear Hunter
                  Spear Hunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't see it until after I took the picture.

• Hope everyone enjoyed the trip

Comment

• Yes this is an amazing life you live . You have taken take time to smell the roses to another demension .
                  I choose you for my survival team leader partner on a TV show because
                  hands down you will win .

Comment

• Nice Roger, That picture of Putin is about as random is it can get. LOL

Comment

• Spear Hunter
                      Spear Hunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Hoss, I like to keep things random, as to not over stay my welcome. And by the way, for the record my name is Gary. I like the comment thingy here, not many sites that I post to, has such a neat feature.

• Hoss
                      Hoss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry Gary I must have had a auto spell on another word and it came out Roger???? Not sure what the heck that was about but it looks like Tam followed suit.

• Hoss
                      Hoss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was supposed to say Nice Ruger! I misspelled it LOL sorry for the mix up Tam and Gary

• Roger , I saw a radio ( did I ) do you have outside communication ? This is so interesting to me .
                    I have read that those caves are great sites in Kentucky for
                    digs . Have you ever done that ? Just this book I am finishing now had some pages on your area .
                    You know here in Hawaii where I spend part of my life way before Doppler radar we knew about bad weather because the shearwaters would come in . These birds never come in unless there is bad weather or nesting.
                    Do tell .
                    Just really great pictures like a book ! I really enjoyed this .
                    I am all over the place here with thoughts and questions .

Comment

• Spear Hunter
                      Spear Hunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes Tam, I take a radio with me, so I can keep track of the weather and a GPS, so I don't get lost as much as I used to. If there is a storm headed my way that might dump a lot of rain and strong winds, I camp away from the river and get out from around any large trees. I don't dig, disturb, or remove any artifacts from the caves or over hangs in my pictures because It's in Mammoth Cave National Park. I am glad that you have enjoyed all the pictures of one of my many trips into the deep woods of MCNP. If you have any questions about MCNP or about my trips, or the gear that I take along with me, just let me know.
                  Working...
                  X