Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever started a random picture post?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dearly departed mother was proudly FBI...full blooded Irish...I found this little trinket she had up the attic. Gotta plug it in for St. Paddy's day Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190316_095941.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	356538 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190316_100258.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	356539
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s got to be a antique cause I have never seen one of them before. Thanks for sharing

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Production year ?

• Love it Red

Comment

• This arrowhead monument is located in Old Fort NC. It is 30ft tall and hand carved from local granite. It was dedicated July 27 1930 to a crowd of 6000. It is a dedication of peace between the pioneers and local Native Americans. The Cherokee and Catawba tribes attended and formally smoked the pipe of peace for the first time in History. They were traditionally bitter enemies. Chief Tahquitte represented the Cherokee while Chief Sam T. Blue represented the Catawba. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4835.PNG
Views:	238
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	357038
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• picked this up in some pocket change what do you guys think? Oh wait maybe it was photoshop change? LOL Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	358299
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I believe that it is photo shop. The coloring is just a smidge off on the rider. Interesting pic though!

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude I made it in Photoshop. Shows what kid of boring life I have sometimes. My legs aint what they used to be. Weather is breaking here. I am more setteled into my new place so soon I will be able to go play in my back yard.

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh! Well you did a good job! Fooled me. Shame, shame!

• Found this today on my lunch break. Birds built a nest in my truck grill. I was wondering what the noise was on the way to work this morning Click image for larger version

Name:	1D05494C-182F-4B04-B396-8674C2C512E1.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	358983
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Josie
          Josie commented
          Editing a comment
          We have those crazy birds too. We have two of the plastic owls we hang every summer. One on the porch and one in the top of the bay door on hubby 's shop. They build mud nests in the side of the house and make a mess. But the mockingbirds are aggressive! They drive my dogs crazy!

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          They are trying to build a mud nest on my front door right now. I just painted my deck to. They poop all over the place. The one year I let them nest and they swoop down on you every time you go in and out the door. Every since I don’t let them nest and it’s a fight every year

• Wow
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          The birds around my house are crazy about their nest I have to put my plastic owl on my front porch so they don’t build their nest on my rock walls. I’m thinking they liked eating the bugs off the grill and decided it was easy food. I had to reach my hand through the grill to remove it cause the grill is sealed underneath

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00301.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	359392 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	359393 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	359394

This was some of the things I saw on my metal detecting trip. If you haven't seen it, my finds, pictures and commentary can be found here.

I am back from one of my funnest trips yet, Diggin' In Virginia XLIV, at Fair Oaks Farm, in Jeffersonton Virginia! The scenery, the relics, the diggers, and the overall experience was awesome. Now that I am back in Kentucky, I almost feel homesick for my old home state. I'll put up a few pictures, and add some stories to
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          You are an artist with that camera.

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha, well maybe. I took my brothers 2008 camera, and it works great! I couldn't take mine. It would be ruined with that rusty dirt.

Name:	69FFBE21-348D-48CD-988D-4B65307C3C97.jpeg
Views:	306
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	360128 Today’s finds Click image for larger version

Name:	A6985893-A9B7-4E47-99E9-BE539A8F313F.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	360127
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• What is it?
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Crawfish and a broken point. I’m on the skunk train everything is still flooded

• Oh wow. Its better to have tried than not
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• Yankee eagle buttons, Eagle "I" and New York state seal button dug on private property next to Chancellorsville Virginia by my dad. For years, they sat in a box with green crud on the faces, and the New York button was barely legible. I took a SOFT BRASS wire brush to them, and took the crud off while leaving the chocolate patina beneath.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0029.jpg Views:	1 Size:	320.7 KB ID:	360716

NEVER do this to buttons with gilding, if it's rare or if it is anything other than brass, or it it is mostly worn. I could get away with this because the bristles on the brush were brass and the soil conditions were different in that part of the state. Brass bristles won't scratch a brass button face. It has to be somewhat soft though. Just please, try it out on a crappy button first before you try it on something of value.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have a button that is showing some gilt, soak it in lemon juice or vinegar for a couple of minutes then rinse under running water while you lightly brush it with a soft toothbrush. If it needs more cleaning then simply repeat the steps until it is like you want it to be. Just remember that it is easy to over clean just about anything, so be careful.

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, you never brush a gilted button with a wire brush. I will put a pic up of an un-cleaned example, so you can see what kind of button you can do this on.

And for heavens sake, don't clean anything valuable!

Name:	A4150DCD-C650-4BE6-A445-A170BADA87A6.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	361205 Here is a cool moth I saw today. Click image for larger version

Name:	1D4A67DD-D18A-4947-9987-506A17A9FD39.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	361204
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I just googled Luna Moth and my pic comes right up. If you post a pic can anyone take it and not give you any reconnection for it? I’d like to get paid 😃

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes you deserve to get paid lol

Name:	DSC_0069.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	361264

Here is a peek at some of my Civil War relic collection. My dad found some, and I have been gifted a few, and bought the rest. Bullets are my favorite though.

Comment

Name:	DSC_0081.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	361273

Comment

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              Your first point ! See I remember 🤙

• Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              No doubt. 🤣🤣🤣
          Working...