Pack a Bag-Its Vacation Time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pack a Bag-Its Vacation Time!!!

I think every vacation I have ever taken has included a visit to a famous site, museum, or show. Here are a few favorite pics from the southwest. I apologize for the picture quality, these are scans of old 35mm shots. The first is Cliff Palace at Mesa Verde. I had to jump a guard rail to get this shot. The second is a "Keyhole" doorway at Chaco Canyon. The last is Square Tower House at Mesa Verde. Ray
    ]
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Picture quality is excellent Ray. Thats a vacation!  :cheer:

Comment

Thanks Ray nice shots!
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I would love to get out to the southwest some time and see the canyon lands and deserts!
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

Amazing what that culture created architecturally.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks Ray.  I've always had a deep interest in the Anasazi.  Visited those sites in Mesa Verde years ago and would love to get back there to show my wife that wonderful landscape and awesome ruins.  I know it can be easy to idealize what life must have been like living in those communities, there are problems and hardships wherever mankind lives.  Still, I wish it were the 12th century and I was living in a place like Mesa Verde or Chaco Canyon. Thanks for sharing and bringing back my own memories. The photos are great!
            Charlie
            Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks guys. There are many sites in the Four Corners,each one unique. You all owe it to yourselves to visit them.

Comment

I'm having trouble showing more pics, I'll try later.

Comment

I'm jealous!  I'll make it over that way one of these years.

Comment

Been in that area many times. Very good pictures.
                    Jack

Comment

Neanderthal wrote:

I'm jealous!  I'll make it over that way one of these years.
                          I am surprised at you Matt. It is a truly amazing experience. Pueblo Bonito at Chaco has 880 rooms. My photo of the Keyhole doorway I am partial to. I have seen this feature in numerous books and mine is the best I've seen yet. It is a tough one, a shadow somewhere all the time. I got lucky on the time of day. Another thing that amazes about this area is the number of museums. Most large Ruins which are National parks have them. Mesa Verde and Chaco have nice ones as well as the as the Anasazi Heritage Center near Cortez. It houses the Chappell collection-a Big one, Most towns that have historical societies have them, Cortez, Co. has a nice one. Salmon Ruins in SW Utah is a County owned(I think) ruins with a very nice museum. Also the Edge of the Cedars ruin in SW Utah is the state repostitory for artifacts and has an incredible display. Last time I was there I viewed a blanket made of turkey featers.

Comment

Working...
                      X