Who Here is From/Lives in NC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Here is From/Lives in NC?

Just wanted to get to know some more of my local fellow arrowhead.com peers from North Carolina.  I was in Raleigh, NC and moved about a year ago to Angier, NC.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

I live near Warrenton NC. Anyone else in the NC/VA region- come to the Archaeology Day on September 24. The flyer is below-
       Attached files 

Comment

CliffJ wrote:

I live near Warrenton NC. Anyone else in the NC/VA region- come to the Archaeology Day on September 24. The flyer is below-
        Thanks Cliff.

Comment

Anybody else?

Comment

Hey guys, I'm smack dab in the middle of you two, in Wake Forest.
          Cliff, for some reason I thought you were out in the western part of the state. I've probably seen you
          at some of the PAS shows before. Sorry, I won't be able to make it to the Archaeology Day. I've got
          plans to be digging for fluorite in Moore Co that Saturday and quartz crystals in Montgomery Co Sunday.
          And there's a Knap-In in Rutherford Co the weekend before that I'm hoping to be able to get to.
          I don't know about you guys but that storm that rolled thru here last night was way worse and dropped
          a lot more rain around here than Irene did. Irene did cause some major damage east of us and down
          at the coast tho. Clean up is going to take quite a while. If it ain't one thing, it's another.
          Least it wasn't an earthquake
          Where are those Harnett Co finds from Sunday, Looking4? I walked the new Hwy 401 By-Pass around
          Rolesville Sunday, but didn't find anything. Wasn't really expecting to as I've checked that area
          before and it's pretty much no-mans-land. The sites are mostly along the Neuse River and the Little
          River to the north. It would be a pretty easy one day walk from one to the other so it seems there
          was little reason to make camps inbetween. Here's a few pics of the scene now.

http://www.varockhounder.com/uploads...3004468966.jpg not found
          http://www.varockhounder.com/uploads...3004488760.jpg not found
          http://www.varockhounder.com/uploads...3004496277.jpg not found
          http://www.varockhounder.com/uploads...3004503950.jpg not found

Hunting ain't Finding. No reason to let not finding spoil a good walk!
          Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,
            I bet we've met before. Are you coming to the PAS show in Greensboro on the 10th?
            There's no place that needed a bypass worse than Rolesville, but it's a shame it doesn't run over a few sites for you. Those hilltops should be holding at least one Clovis!
            Cliff

Comment

I'm a central NC guy. -Jeff

Comment

HA! You would think so, Cliff. I'll probably check again in a few months just because it's there.
                Don't know yet about the show in Greensboro. I ought to go since that's about as close as it ever
                gets to this area.
                Hey Jeff 
                Joe
                PS: Just so you know, if it can be arranged, folks are always welcome to come sit under the tree
                and do some knapping and talk arrowheads. Cell# 919-632-6794. I'm not a very good knapper,
                but I like to bust rock. B)

Comment

Hey Joe -and- Jeff.  Good to see there's more of us from NC.  Good info and pics Joe.  The Kirk point I found this past Sat. was found right up the road from my house in Angier, NC in a field.  It wasn't even on the hight spots but down at the low end right up on top of a bunch of sand that had been washed down the hill over the years.  The randolph and stanley, savannah river point(s) I posted recently-8/13 -and- 8/25  also came out of the same field about halfway down from the high spot and the low end.  We had some heavy rain again with the thunderstorms that rolled across the same day you did I believe (2 days ago) and you're right, I think the rain was heavier than Irene.  I think the wind from Irene blowing the sand helped me to find that Kirk more than the rain from her did.  I'll have to take you up on that offer of hanging out and talking points as soon as I get some free time.  Thanks for the reply.
                  P.S. - Maybe we can find some Clovis up on one of them hills! (Cliff) -Brandon

Comment

Working...
                  X