Hunting Companion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting Companion

Hey ya'll - Finally got out to hunt. Been raining for the past couple of days so today was the day. After I was about an 8th of a mile down the hill I noticed I was being followed.

She followed me the whole trip just like a dog. She even hissed at the cows. That made big points with me cause cows hunt arrowheads too. Anyway - she's been hanging round the house along with 10 other strays that we had fixed. People seem to like this mountain to dump their unwanteds. Thought it was kinda neat to have a cat follow me. But - no points today. Good to be back in the hunt. :laugh:---Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Chuck
    I used to have a cat that pointed squirrles like a dog. She thaught my Chihuahua to do it. It was funny watching these two.
      Jack

Comment

Pretty Cool, Chuck, I used to have a cat that would always go for walks with us, she enjoyed it as much as we did.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Official guard cat!

Comment

Chuck, be careful around that critter. Cats are awful sneaky, probably followin' you and gonna find your best spots. Then that critter will sneak back in there and find all the best stuff. Can't trust them critters.
          Butch

Comment

I found a cat on my back porch years ago so I had him fixed and named him mooch! taught the little guy how to fetch. I would roll up a ball of foil and throw it down the hall and he would get it and drop it back at my feet. He did it better than the dog! The dog wanted treats the cat just like doing it and would do it for hours. :laugh:
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Was never around cats until I got married.  She's the cat person but this one (freckles) is different.  I could get attached.  Jack - sounds like a smart cat.  Greg - I agree - I think she likes to go for walks.  Butch - I think she's after my knife Heh Heh - but I'm gonna teach her to point to arrowheads :laugh:  Mark - Funny you should say "Guard Cat" cause a couple of times she look back behind us and kinda growled and hair was standing up on her back.  Got my hackles up a little cause we been having black bears coming into the housing areas more now than ever before.  Not sure if its the drought and they're looking for water or what. Matt - I was considering getting a dog, especially since I had to put my horse down.  But if this cat is gonna stick with me maybe I'll keep her instead.  ---Chuck
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Horse! Heres a picture of Skippy the Dog he is a bit of a smart A$$, he's also a bit anti social but he will come out of it for food.

Speaking of bears he bares a strong resemblance to this other guy!
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hey Chuck,
                  Boy are you in luck, I got a answer for them bears.
                  I got this "Bear Dog" Plott Hound I'll trade ya ! That is if you have something worthy to trade, how bout that ol rusty knife ya got, oh I'll have to have some "boot" along with it !

Butch 

Comment

Here is my guy Bubba, a 6 year old Weimaraner.
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

There is a nice dog mine came with my Girl friend he acts great all day but when she gets home from work he turns on me. Very jealous little guy that Skippy

Comment

Hey Ray,
                        Plott Hounds were developed in the mountains of NC in the 1750's for hunting bear. They are from unknown German stock. Might be a little Bubba in there somewhere ! I don't know why Chuck is a skeered of bears, he's got a rusty ol pocket knife and a attack cat !
                        Butch

Comment

Hey Butch that hound looks just like the one Davey Crockett had and he didn't bother with the dog he just stared them bears down! Chuck, here's an old Indian trick in East TN. You got to teach that cat to sneak around behind that bar and squat behind that critters knees then give that Bar a shove! Then you and the cat laugh like hell while that bar goes a tumblin down the mountain! It woulda made Davey Proud!

Comment

Hoss, I think you 'bout to get ol' Chuck hurt there, (Plus you kinda interferin with my knife trade I got workin' here)I think ol' Chuck might get him a world famous Bear Dog, just in case.
                            Butch

Comment

OK, I am feeling like that guy in the ole Skynerd toon, backin away slow!!!! Gimmie three steps will ya Butch???

Comment

Working...
                              X