Ain't giving up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ain't giving up

I have been having a rough summer this year. I am 43 and years of hard work , a childhood of horse riding and horse breaking, and countless miles of not so casual walking has took its toll. Other than a hunt in Colorado and just a few very short walks I haven't been able to walk much. My knees have been killing me. I broke down and went to an orthopedic institute and I got good news, sort of. I was excited to hear they were able to easily see that I have severe meniscus tears and they were able to pinpoint my problems. They were confident after surgery I would be up and at em in a month or so. Some of you all may have noticed my lack of posting finds, I usely average a piece a week but not this year. I have managed to keep working but after a ten hour day on my damaged knees I have been mentally and physically exhausted. weekends have been spent trying to rest my legs and I gotta say it's been depressing. BUT I aint giving up! Slice these knees open and get to work Doc , that's my motto. I will be stuck at home for awhile and will be posting some past finds. Hope y'all have good luck and keep me intertained.

Dude...take care of them knees...and take care of yourself. This small amount of time will seem like an eternity while you are down, but you will praise the old Gods and the new when you are all healed up and running a 4.4 forty again.
    good luck with the procedures, and post away. Make this place your sanctuary.👍🙏
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Thanks, this my social world outside of real conversation. This site is my social mainstay.

Comment

Hope you're feeling better soon.
        South Dakota

Comment

Sorry to hear :-( ... hope all this gets tended to soon and gets behind u
          As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

They will have you feeling like new before long I'm sure, glad your getting it addressed. Putting that stuff off can really catch up to you... If you need me to come walk your hot spots for you while your recovering I will just let me know lol. This is a good place to hangout while your down though. Get well soon!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Having bad knees sucks big time Kurt. I hope that the docs are right and you are good to go soon my friend.
              I don't know how entertaining my post will be for you but I will do my best to keep you occupied.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Sucks to get old but the alternative is worse. Good they can repair the wear and tear and you'll be up finding them by the end of the harvests. Just remember to do the therapy no matter the pain, it pays off in the long run.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Take it easy Kurt! I have a knee that get's sore after walking. From double tire wheelbarrel loads of firewood, too much I guess. Obviously not as bad, still sucks though. Will enjoy seeing those finds!
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Kurt - Your early activities of horse riding and breaking are hard on your knees and back, I know, I spent days in the saddle working cattle and guiding trail, etc. My wife has Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis in all her joints. She has had one knee replaced, a hip and shoulder replacement, and three back surgeries to implant fusion devices. But ya know what, she's still plugging along - slower but still in there fighting. I worked with her during her rehab and she's tough but she kept one thing in mind the whole time - "Ain't gonna let this get me down" and it hasn't. Yep - it's hard to get old but as Greg says "the alternative is worse." You hang tough. If you can ride a bucking horse, you damn well should be able to handle any surgery and rehab, even though it may be the toughest ride you've ever had. Personally, I'll be praying for you and following along on your posts. Keep us up to date on your progress.
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hey Kurt, I feel your pain, literally. I'm a lot older than you so I've had longer to deteriorate. Knees seem to be one of those pesty joints that give folks a world of hurting. Fortunately it's one of those joints that has received a lot of attention & ground breaking research.
                      I wish you a speedy recovery!
                      Deb
                      Child of the tides

Comment

Kurt keep the faith brother. Prayers going up to the great Spirit to guide the surgeons hands and aid you in your healing.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I feel what your saying Kurt. I am 48 and have been in construction since I was 19. I have a hip that is gonna get carved on in the next few months. I understand the pain and aches you are going through brother. You will make it dude...all my thoughts and prayers to ya brother...you got this man!!!!
                          The chase is better than the catch...
                          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

It's GREAT you are having your knees "done". Your back and feet would be mal-adapting to them in short order.
                            Professor Shellman
                            Tampa Bay

Comment

Hate to hear that. Hopefully they'll get you fixed up. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X