• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smells like chicken

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1530.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	263423 Processed 52 birds on the farm yesterday! I would rather do 1 steer, 2 pigs, or 3 deer before ever doing 50 chickens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1527.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	263422

From the difference in light I would say that took you all day long.
    Your little helper looks happy enough though.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Dylan, I know what you mean. That's a lot of chicken. My niece still raises a hundred meat chickens each year. Because they are raised in a natural environment she gets $15 a bird.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ron - that sounds like a lot for a chicken but given all the chemicals they put into them commercially, it's well worth the peace of mind. One of our neighbors is a manager at a chicken processing plant and he told me they had to modify the kill shute because the chickens were getting too tall for the old run. Probably the growth hormones they're giving them.

We used to raise them when I was a kid in Illinois, but don't remember processing that many. I guess it was more about the eggs. Regardless, that a lot of stinkin' chickens for one day but a whole bunch of eatin'.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

When you think about the cost of feed, $15 isn't that much. I do love a grilled chicken & some smoked wings!!!
        Child of the tides

Comment

I guess this post slipped by me .... we just done a cow saterday and OMG we we ground hamburger for 5 solid hours ..... so I feel your pain , but the end result is worth it :-)
          As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

That's alot work! When I saw the pic I was thinking beer butt chicken. Maybe that's in the future

Comment

Working...
            X