Yearly pic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearly pic.

Every year on yesterdays date, i try to take a pic of the trees around a pond in the yard, not the one we dug out recently. I have the last three years on this phone. I know it doesnt compare to the leaves in new england but i thought id share. The last two pics are from yesterday and this morning. The white sh#%, kinda ruined the yearly pic so i took one today after the melt.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Beautiful, Man. We do not get a lot of colors, nor the vibrancy here in Tampa Bay. We keep saying we are going to ride up to NC/SC/GA at least...to see that. Thanks!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Great photos. As far as New England, at least here in southern New England, everything will be delayed, due in part to the continuance of Summer weather. Going to be in the 70's from Wed into the weekend.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Chad those are nice pictures. We get nice color in East Tn mountains. The change is happening right about now. We get an extended period here higher elevations turn first. then a week or two later midway down the mountains then down here. we are 899 ft above sea level here. Clingmans Dome is over 6500 ft above sea level. Nice views up there any time of the year . Many people from surrounding states journey to the Smoky Mountains this time of year. It is a mini tourist boom for the local businesses. Come visit the smokys anytime of the year and you wont be disappointed. One of my favorite rides is the loop round cades cove. You can see bears and deer and turkeys and horses. We have elk up there too but I have yet to see on in the park.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That's awesome. My fovorite time of year in the Rockies is when the aspens are turning.
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Chad, you do have some gorgeous colour happening in the second picture although my favorite is the first picture because of the position you took the photo from.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Chad, You live in a beautiful area and the pond and fall colors sure do add to it. My sister lives down state, (350 miles from me). Each year she has a Fun Fall Family Get Together. We just returned home and I sure did enjoy the fall colors.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Breath taking !!!
                As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                NW Arkansas

Comment

That time of year is special
                  I know the pond and dose not look like you walked to far out in the yard to take the pic
                  Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That is cool how you do the pic on the same day. It ia nice photo
                    South Dakota

Comment

Hope you don't mind me adding a little color. This maple is in my back yard Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0182.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	268618
                      South Dakota

Comment

This post reminded me of a couple of pictures I took some years back along the Housatonic River in Kent CT. This a at the bottom of Swifts Bridge Road Kent CT. Fall 2006 Click image for larger version  Name:	wy2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	723.3 KB ID:	268874
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	wy1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	489.0 KB ID:	268873

April
                        2007 ,A great spot for Trout. Sweet pool just below those rapids. and a great place for smallies all summer long too.
                        Last edited by Hoss; 10-21-2017, 09:36 PM.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

To All. I enjoyed the beautiful photos of your seasonal changes. Here in the deep South we don't get to see that unless we travel a good ways north.

Comment

Love those Maples when they change in the fall. It's changing here now but the colors aren't as vibrant as they probably were in years past. The oaks and other trees just don't produce the color. Thanks Chad for starting your yearly posts and ya'll keep em coming.
                            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thanks for sharing it’s my favorite time of the year .
                              the tangerine colors just blow me away then the deep reds wow . I will always have fall the rest of my life . Going to Georgia in 13 days 5 hrs . I CANT WAIT !!
                              Hoss amazing with the river pic . I actually am going to pic some replacement trees on our property that are all about color in the fall . I had a basket of leaves last year at the camp and everyone thought I was nuts .

Comment

Working...
                              X