Baker COA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker COA?

Has this guy been on this site at all? I'd love to have some discussions with him...then ask him to leave LOL. I do not buy artifacts but I look at sales. There are loads with his "COA" and the one I looked at today (and many others) on eBay for a Moustache Simpson is disgustingly wrong IMHOP
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Some people will do anything for a few bucks.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Not likely to see many people who sell paper chatting it up on this forum for several reasons. The biggest reason imo is because if you post and read regularly you figure out how much you don't know. People who are making money off of there own "expert" knowledge don't want to be exposed as anything less than expert. But of course if you do your research and look at all of these coas floating around, they read more like resumes, lots of bad resumes...

Simple things like material types being wrong or not matching location and typology errors are some of the easiest to spot indicators when web browsing. And of course the g-10 phenomenon... Price can also be another indicator of fraudulent items...
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Can something not be done about this guy?
        North Carolina

Comment

I'm sure there are good artifacts papered by Baker..but people stay away from them because of his reputation..

Comment

Last I read of him he had a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
            SE IA

Comment

Baker's COA reputation is shot, imhop, just like a collection with even one fake in them soils the collection. Sure he has a few real nice artifacts here and there but the preponderance of what we see online from him proves he is a big pooper. (imhop.) Only takes one fake in a collection.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

New paper just throws up a red flag for me so I just shut down when I see it. Generally speaking I figure it’s hard to make a buck telling folks no when they send in their artifacts and many authenticators sell their soul for the almighty dollar? Or maybe they look at it as not being able to say it’s definitely a fake? Who knows but in my mind the standard for authentication should be that it’s without a doubt real and that’s why I wouldn’t make a dime in this business. I guess having no regulated standard is where this goes off the rails and is why paper is pretty much meaningless unless it’s really old and good luck finding that!

Von

Comment

Hello I’ve been collecting points for 50 years and just started buying a few pieces in the past year baker taught me a good lesson really quickly!!! I do believe that they are a very few that still have their heart in the right place and try to do the right thing

Comment

I am hoping that they—-the authenticity group can get together and form an association with a board members that would have authority to dismiss anyone who continues to screw up!!! As I understand the ones that are doing right don’t have the cash flow that the other ones do. The one that I know I believe that he’ll go out of business before he will paper a bad point

Comment

I plan to wallpaper my outhouse with Baker COAs.
                      Child of the tides

Comment

• Kyflintguy
                        Kyflintguy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good idea Deb, the paper is just to stiff and glossy for the other obvious choice while in the outhouse. Lol

On February 11, 2019, I paid Jeff Baker for Certificates of Authenticity (COA) for 11 arrowheads. My father and two brothers found all of these points on a farm in middle Tennessee. There was no doubt in my mind they were authentic; I just didn’t know what they were. I planned on listing them on eBay and thought that a COA would make them sell faster. Boy, was I wrong! I received emails from arrowhead collectors informing me that a Baker COA was worth nothing. For example, one comment I received was “a Jeff Baker authentication is the least respected papers possibly on earth. He was a collector with respect who decided to cash in on unsuspecting collectors.” I have four of the eleven points still listed on eBay. They were listed May 7, 2020 – 499 days ago. I looked into why the points have not sold and noticed that one of them had an error on the Baker COA. No wonder it didn’t sell! I contacted Jeff about the mistake. He offered to replace the COA at no charge. I didn’t hear from him for a few days and followed up. No response. I followed up again and was told to send him a picture of the point which I did on August 25, 2021 – 24 days ago and no response. I tried calling him but he didn’t answer and does not have voicemail. I would not recommend Jeff Baker’s services for anything. His work is not accurate (how can you enter the wrong arrowhead name on a COA?). His customer service is horrible. Don’t waste your money on his services.

Comment

Working...
                      X