For Those Who Like Vintage Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Who Like Vintage Trucks

Not quite what you expected to find - Eh. Circa 1950's International Panel Truck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FirstBus.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	271028
    This was the first school bus in Fentress County, thanks to the Cook family who lived on this mountain and walked to school.

Name:	FirstBus3.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	271029

Name:	FirstBus2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	271030
    My neighbor, whose Grandfather owned this mountain, said it was so much better than walking down the mountain, through the woods for an hour or so to get to school, especially with snow on the ground. My neighbor's Dad is the one who bought the truck and converted it to a bus. At that time there were no paved roads up here only mud. He said many a time they'd wait for a team of mules to pull them out of a quagmire. This truck sat just opposite my property until a couple of years ago when he sold it. It either went to the recycle center or hopefully, to someone who will refurbish it. Still has original tires on it.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Cool old Truck Chuck! Thanks for sharing!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

History is so cool. I hope it was restored.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

All things considered it is actually in pretty good shape. Living in the hills at that time must have been rough getting from here to there, something we take for granted.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I am a sucker for old trucks left too long outside. There are quite a few in the backwaters of Ohio. Here are a few 1920's Fords that have found there way into my paintings.

Name:	DSC_0351 (640x507).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	271037Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0355 (640x611).jpg
Views:	161
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	271038
          Love the story behind that school bus. Thanks for sharing.
          fldwlkr
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• Havenhunter
            Havenhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow!

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome artwork there fldwlkr. I had to do a double take to be sure they weren't real pics.

Like old trucks & train cars. Been looking into buying an old caboose for my train layout.
          Child of the tides

Comment

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            And just how big is this old caboose gonna be. A model train layout or do you have a much much larger layout than most hobbyist.???

I want a full size caboose! A wooden one I can rehab.
          Child of the tides

Comment

I want a real caboose!
            Child of the tides

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've ridden on the newer steel ones that were in use on the Illinois Central and Central and Eastern Illinois around 1963. Had a sleeping area, potbellied stove, upper observation port etc. I can imagine they might get a bit costly, not to mention the transport.

I guess this was before the seatbelts lol .... that’s cool !!! Thank u for posting that
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea - I'd say so. : )

Cool Chuck! Nothing like door's shut that that sound like a piece of metal fell on concrete or yelling to hear each Other Talk. Really though, I do like them too. There is an old panel/delivery with faded advertising on the side of a Driveway I have passed a couple times that would look so cool to keep as is, but drive. That barn find look is in and I doubt that's going anywhere for a long time. Of course nice and shiny is good too though.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              I really liked it where it was but Oh Well. It would have been a really long fixer upper though.

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd think one with a body like that had a second life.

Name:	wrong-turn-truck1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	271114
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Zombies like trucks too. That looks like one of the tow trucks I've seen on the zombie movies the grandkids watch.

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              Wrong Turn, it's an excellent Movie. Actually a Friend of mine has a mid 60's Chevy with 283 and Muncie.

No sour gas or gas shortages after how many years???
            Child of the tides

Comment

Thanks for taking me back down memory lane Chuck.
              The first vehicle I ever drove was a 1964 International Travelall.
              Ours was yellow and white. Click image for larger version  Name:	1964-international-travelall-custom-family-classic-4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	213.9 KB ID:	271168
              And could that thing ever haul butt.
              It had over 300,000 miles on the 304 long block and yet I once outran a 1971 Mustang on the highway with it.
              I was toodling along at around70 miles an hour when the mustang pulled up beside me and indicated that he wanted to go for it.
              Well by the time I lost sight of him in the rear view mirror the needle had passed 100 and was pegged at 20. Click image for larger version  Name:	1964-international-harvester-travelall-5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	271169
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Scorpion68
                Scorpion68 commented
                Editing a comment
                That''s a nice set of wheels there Bruce. Just goes to show that they still don't make em like they used to. I have an 89 Bronco 4x4 w/ 302 V8 and has over 250K miles. I just had the trans rebuilt and we rebuilt the rear end. I had the engine overhauled at 200K. It runs like a champ and always starts on the first crank, if the battery is up to par. Still needs some tlc on the interior and a paint job but all in good time. It had 9miles on the odometer when I bought it.

very nice , I’ll take a pick of an old fire truck that’s by a old gas pump next week in Georgia . My land mark to make a right . I swear if they ever take that out I’ll be lost !

Comment

Old fire truck at the end of the road

Comment

Working...
                X