Old Barns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Barns

Here is two barns that are falling into decay at an old house site. I was out taking some photos of my Gran dads fathers home place. The better of the barns is over 80 years and the falling down one was Grate Grate Gran fathers original house before he built a big farm house. I was sad to see that the big house had burned. Click image for larger version

Name:	0809161120.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	271616
    South East Ga. Twin City

Haven hunter should like these I saw she commented on old barns in another post. Click image for larger version

Name:	0809161125.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	271618
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Haven Hunter ain't the only one who likes old barnes and houses. I ran across an old house on rte 90 going toward Monticello, Kentuck and it was all covered with vines and about to fall down. I got a pic of it somewhere and if I can find it I'll give ya a looksee. How old was your GGGrandfather's house there Johnny.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        It was built somewhere around 1880.

Those are pure awesome.👍
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I bet Bruce would like to take a swing around those places !! ( pun intended ) hahahaha
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

Found that pic I was talking about Johnny. I was looking for a barn pic that I told Havenhunter about but thought you might get a kick out of this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KYOldHouse3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	271646
          This is quite a bit more modern construction than what you pictured but it's doomed either way. Don't know how much longer it will remain standing. That porch is about ready to go anytime.
          Attached Files
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• willjo
            willjo commented
            Editing a comment
            A nice one, a lot of those old ones are going fast.

• Havenhunter
            Havenhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            THAT is an awesome photo!! Do you have this in high resolution? Send me s PM pls.

Great thread folks. Super photos.

Comment

Love them up in Cades Cove which is in the Great Smoky Mountains NP there are primitive buildings churches, Homes, Barns, I love going up there. Not t mention just about every time I go I see bear, deer and turkey. Lots of horses too.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

What a great thread to wake up to this cold morning! My love affair with barns began as a kid growing up in CA. Our new subdivision was once the site of a large peach grove. The old Victorian farm house & barn still stood along with a few peach trees. We kids would swipe the peaches & play in the barn, swinging from the rafters. Naturally the house was haunted & we would scare ourselves silly making up stories about it. That was before electronic devices stole our minds. I knew then I wanted to live on a farm someday.

Thanks for thinking of me guys & sharing your stories! 😘
              Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
              X