Love this time of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this time of year

I love this time of the year with flowers budding out and leaves also hope id don't happen like it has in the past, all leaves and flowers come out and we have a late year frost. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5761.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	287184 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5763.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	287185 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5764.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	287186 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5765.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	287187
    South East Ga. Twin City

Bite your tongue! I've worried over this for days now. The daffodils can stand a frost but not s head freeze. The trees buds are already opening & the cherry trees are in full bloom. This happened last year & then we had a March parlor vortex. Crazy weather! Lately The sun barely ever shines & we get rain every 3-4 days. Winter has been one long gloomy spell.
    Child of the tides

Comment

Yeah that's a great time of the year John. We have a few more weeks up here before we will see any of that though.
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Wow Johnny, That gives me something to hope for. My apple trees don't bloom till June.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Yea Deb - I'm with your. A couple of years back all our nut trees had budded out and were going strong when we had two days of hard freeze, down near zero. It killed a few of the hickory and walnut trees up here. I hate to see that and not just cause I harvest the nuts, so do lots of other critters. And you're right about the weird weather. Johnny - I also love this time of year - it's Nature's color palate on display. Just hope it ain't too soon.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Yea it's a little worrisome. I don't think winter is done. Just hope it doesn't push my blueberry buds out to soon.
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

We've lost our fig crop three years in a row now to the winter-spring-winter flip flops. Yesterday it was almost 80 & today 72. This is April weather. I'm worried the bumblebees will come out of hibernation & there will be nothing to eat.
              Child of the tides

Comment

• Sugaree
                Sugaree commented
                Editing a comment
                I've had the same problem with my figs. Guessing you have Brown Turkey figs. I would try a Celeste fig they seem to handle the cold a little better and have a higher sugar content. There absolutely delicious.

Actually we grow Brown Turkey, Celeste & Black Turk. Polar vortexes took them all out except the one up here by the house partially sheltered by the woods. Pecans weren't happy either.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Johnny those are wonderful . You know it just seems like I was posting pics of Autum in all its glory . Then Deb with the cool pics of the ice on the beach the day she found that beautiful point .
                Now it’s spring there . You really don’t realize how lucky you are to be in four seasons till you live where there are none .

Comment

• willjo
                  willjo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is still winter but hope it will be mild from here on out until spring.

Wow, we are a month and a half out from seeing this.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Havenhunter
                  Havenhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And we're a month and a half too early.

And the rain and humidity won’t stop . I got up and put on the AC last night . Now can you guys even imagine .

Comment

We are having our own winter weather here on the island Johnny. 2 days ago our Japanese cherry trees were in bloom and then this happened. Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	287518

This is what our normal February looks like. https://flowercount.com/
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• willjo
                    willjo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It happened a year or two ago here, not snow but a freeze. Turned everything brown again.

This is what I call arrested development.
                  I didn't find much today but this picture was worth the effort. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180223_152333.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	287573
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Gawd it's been 84 degrees during the days lately here! We WISH for colder weather already...
                    Professor Shellman
                    Tampa Bay

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                      2ndoldman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bite me Tom. GRRRRRRR

I think you know what my comment is going to be.......
                    South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                    X