Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got it home

so the wife and i have been to several RV shows already this year

we found one we really liked the lay out of and i looked it over well and the fit and finish was much nicer than others we had looked at
    i did hours and hours and hours of research(im anal about doing research before purchasing large items)

so we bit the bullet and bought a travel trailer

its a 2017 Forest River Heritage Glen 282rk
    35 foot from hitch to bumper

we had a equalizer brand weight distributing anti sway hitch installed right away,along with a roof access ladder and spare tire and mount(it didnt come from the factory with the ladder or tire)
    i had to talk them into adding those two items if they wanted me to buy the trailer

we had to rent a spot at the local U-Haul storage facility for it as we dont have room in our yard for it

the wife was tired of tenting it and having to use community showers and rest rooms(not that i enjoyed it that much anymore either)

plus with this trailer we will be able to attend more knap ins that are further away
    planning on going to Missouri this September for the Bois d'ark knap in,plus our usual ones here in Mn

i took pics with my cell phone and dont know how to resize them to get them to fit the file size for the site

congratulations on the new tailer. use the camera icon to post from your phone.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well congradulations there Sneaky . Sounds like a dream come true . Wow a new one to boot !
      cant wait for you to push that blue camera icon and pick the ones you want us to see.
      Happy trails to you ......

Comment

tried the blue camera button from my phone and my laptop,still says the files are to large

i sent them from my phone to my lap top via email,but have no clue how to resize them
        im rather ignorant when it comes to tech type things

Comment

If you still have them on your phone that may be the best way .
          Just a few to start .

Comment

Congrats. Ready for the gypsy life Sneaky? Sounds like a nice fifth wheel. I agree with your wife on the tenting part. That went out the window around 40. Have a great time touring North America...
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
              sneakygroundbuzzard commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks Baba, well i wouldnt go as far as saying the gypsy life or touring the country. just something to make our annual camping trips to knap ins more comfortable and it will allow us to go to a few more that are out of Mn. plus we have been renting cabins and stuff for the events we go to,and that gets expensive. so we figured that if we were going to spend the money to stay at a cabin or hotel,why not just get a travel trailer and not worry about having to find lodging.also we plan on being snow birds when and if we get to retire,so we are one step ahead for that plan now

Nice rig, Tim! I'm with your wife. Easy for you guys to step into the woods in the middle of the night. Not so much for us girls. ☺️
            I used to love RVing but current hubby is not a fan. May have to strike off on my own. Have fun!
            Child of the tides

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
              Editing a comment
              thank you,im sure my wife would agree with you on that lol. i hve to admit i have gotten tired of her waking me up to take her to use the bathroom(or tree) in the middle of the night.

im sure we are going to love this unit

Congratulations Tim. Can't wait to see pics. By the way - if you have those pics on your laptop - you can resize them on Photobucket then download them. Also - if I may offer some advice - That's a nice new trailer and for the money you pay to keep it at the U-haul lot, you may be able to rent a RV storage space. I went out to check my 23' Rockwood last year and the ceiling appeared to have a leak - long story short, I had to replace the front half of the roof. It was a job and a half. I found a pin hole in the outside corner where water had started leaking in and it sat like that all winter. Just a thought. I now keep a large tarp over the roof to avoid a re-occurance. I know you'll enjoy the rv - it's a lot cheaper than motels and cabins and it's yours.
            Last edited by Scorpion68; 03-05-2018, 09:44 AM.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
              Editing a comment
              thank you

it seems all of the true rental spots in our area are outdoor spots when it comes to rv's. anything in doors is in an old barn and i dont want to have to worry about rodents(and old farms are full of them). we will be checking around before next winter to see what we can find for indoor storage that isnt overly expensive. but if unable to find a nice indoor area,i do plan in getting a weather resistant rv cover for it.

well lets see if these work now

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180127_134954884_HDR.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	289472

Name:	IMG_20180127_135009483.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	289473

Name:	IMG_20180127_134808948.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	289474

Name:	IMG_20180127_134819794.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	289475

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              Love how The Fridge is up, not low.

Name:	IMG_20180127_134831672.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	289477

Name:	IMG_20180127_134841431.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	289478

Name:	IMG_20180127_134910261.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	289479

Comment

i knew my kids were good for something
              they knew just how to do the resizing of the pics,and they showed me how to do it
              now if i can just remember for the next time lol

Comment

HOLY CRAP that is not a trailer that is a mansion on wheels
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Next time you need to resize a picture use this site. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
                Just click on custom and best like this before you browse. Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	289505 PS save it in your list of favorite.
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks Bruce, ya we think its nicer than our house.
                  the wife made the comment of "we should sell the house and just live in this" lol

That's Awesome, Congrats.
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
              X