I am one proud Canadian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am one proud Canadian.

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating
    back 200 years and came to the conclusion that **their** ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brits, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: "American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded
    that **their** ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British".

One week later, Canadian Dept. Of Mines and Resources in Newfoundland reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 feet in NE Canada, Jack Lucknow, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely bugger all. Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Canada had already gone wireless."

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

I think America was on the Verizon of doing that too
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Your version of Verizon back then was 2 Spam cans and a long string.

Is Newfoundland still part of Canada? What does Quebec think of this? Is Jack Lucknow a real person? Suspicions abound...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      You are killin me Canuck!!!

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Newfoundland, as well as the entirety of my home, Rhode Island, were once part of the volcanic island arc, or microcontinent, called Avalonia, named for the Avalon Peninsula in Newfoundland. Same trilobite fossils found in both places, as well as other pieces of ancient Avalonia across the pond in Europe and Africa. So, we be latecomers here, although it's been a few hundred million years, so I guess Canada and the US do have the right to think of us as one of them, respectively. Lol....

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm waiting for the Solutrean camp to chime in on this...

Ha ha ha.

Comment

That right there is funny!😃😃😃
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

ah heck you got me lol

Comment

Yep, even the old time NA folks in our desert southwest had wireless communication They were called smoke signals. Wind was not their friend. A love note could turn into a hate message with just a slight breeze.Miscommunication of this sort was known to start tribal wars. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X