X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Scorpion68 View Post
    Charlie just reminded me that it could always be worse and he's right. I am sooooo looking forward to Spring, even if it's late.
    Well, snow can be fun and beautiful too. They are saying our next Nor'easter will be of the dry and fluffy variety of snow, so we may not lose power, if we be lucky.

I always enjoyed hiking in the woods during snow storms, so there is an upside too, a glass half full side, lol....

Leave a comment:

• Scorpion68
    commented on 's reply
    Hey AF - I appreciate the humor but I also remember that Arizona gets hot as hades in the summer so I'll try to remember this summer while I'm out on the pontoon on the lake sippin' my sarsaparilla and lounging in the shade. Unfortunately you will be in Michigan doing something equally disgusting. Ain't we lucky.. :-)

• Scorpion68
    commented on 's reply
    Agree with ya Bruce - I had a knee cap removed and it aches like crazy during cold weather not to mention having my feet frost bitten when I was younger. But like you, I stick close to the house and warmth.

• Tam
    replied
    I know you will be ok ! More worried about the willow . yep I did that

Leave a comment:

• 2ndoldman
    replied

You folks have definitely had enough of winter. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36383.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	290375

This old man really hates the cold Chuck. Click image for larger version  Name:	old_man_walking_with__a_hc.gif Views:	5 Size:	180.7 KB ID:	290373
    When it is like that. My old bones freeze up. Click image for larger version  Name:	emoticon shivering.gif Views:	4 Size:	13.4 KB ID:	290374
    Stay snug and warm inside my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Arti Facter
    replied
    Sorry about the snow. Gonna be 80 and sunny today in the Valley of the Sun. I had coffee on the patio this morning. Sorry, it's tradition out here to rub it in.

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    replied
    Yeah winter is kinda hanging on here as well...

Leave a comment:

• Scorpion68
    replied
    Charlie just reminded me that it could always be worse and he's right. I am sooooo looking forward to Spring, even if it's late.

Leave a comment:

• Scorpion68
    commented on 's reply
    Charlie - Do you have a backup generator? And you should really post the wife's find. We'd like to see it.

• SDhunter
    replied
    You guys on the east coast are really getting it right now.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Beautiful photos as usual, Chuck! Of course, it could always be worse. Tomorrow, we get our 3rd Nor'easter in less then 2 weeks. And this one is gonna slam my area in particular, with 1-2 feet of snow, and 50 mph winds, with higher gusts. Without a doubt, we will lose power once more, and no telling how long without it this time!

Dang, and just yesterday, the Mrs. found a decent point in one of our fields....

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    replied
    Wow Chuck. Ol Man Winter just wont let go. I gotta say that is the first time I have seen a hummingbird feeder with snow on it...

Leave a comment:

• Scorpion68
    started a topic Mother Nature's Surprises

Mother Nature's Surprises

I'll tell ya. This has been one crazy Winter. It's been truly wet and wild. Just when I was getting ready to get the boat out and prep for Summer fun - and I get up to this - this morning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2SnowMar2018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	152.3 KB ID:	290330
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Snow032018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	290331

The temp was 34 when I got up and it's now 32 - ain't it supposed to get warmer during the day??!!??

Click image for larger version  Name:	WetnHeavy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	290332
    Now I gots to admit - it's kinda purdy up close but from a distance - not so much.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Willow.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.1 KB ID:	290333
    I worry about that young Willow in the front yard - it's about 3 years old but I think it should survive. The snow will insulate it from the freeze, some I think. Note the Hummingbird feeder??
    And Matt - Josh - if y'all ain't getting this now, stand by - it's headed your way and probably up your way too Deb (you guys already had 3 of these, is there more predicted)?

I guess Mother Nature just wants us to remember who's really in control here :-)
    Last edited by Scorpion68; 03-12-2018, 08:12 AM. Reason: Add comment
Working...
X