Mother Nature's Surprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother Nature's Surprises

I'll tell ya. This has been one crazy Winter. It's been truly wet and wild. Just when I was getting ready to get the boat out and prep for Summer fun - and I get up to this - this morning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2SnowMar2018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	152.3 KB ID:	290330
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Snow032018.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	290331

The temp was 34 when I got up and it's now 32 - ain't it supposed to get warmer during the day??!!??

Click image for larger version  Name:	WetnHeavy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	290332
    Now I gots to admit - it's kinda purdy up close but from a distance - not so much.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Willow.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.1 KB ID:	290333
    I worry about that young Willow in the front yard - it's about 3 years old but I think it should survive. The snow will insulate it from the freeze, some I think. Note the Hummingbird feeder??
    And Matt - Josh - if y'all ain't getting this now, stand by - it's headed your way and probably up your way too Deb (you guys already had 3 of these, is there more predicted)?

I guess Mother Nature just wants us to remember who's really in control here :-)
    Last edited by Scorpion68; 03-12-2018, 08:12 AM. Reason: Add comment
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Wow Chuck. Ol Man Winter just wont let go. I gotta say that is the first time I have seen a hummingbird feeder with snow on it...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Beautiful photos as usual, Chuck! Of course, it could always be worse. Tomorrow, we get our 3rd Nor'easter in less then 2 weeks. And this one is gonna slam my area in particular, with 1-2 feet of snow, and 50 mph winds, with higher gusts. Without a doubt, we will lose power once more, and no telling how long without it this time!

Dang, and just yesterday, the Mrs. found a decent point in one of our fields....
      Rhode Island

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        No Chuck, I am in an apartment complex, so no generator. Plenty of nearby hotels with generators, though, lol! We'll see what happens, but the days are getting longer!

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        It snowed all morning over here Chuck. Really white up on the Cumberland but nothing stuck to the ground at my house. About 11:30 the un came out.
        Last edited by Hoss; 03-12-2018, 05:40 PM.

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear you and the Mrs. got out to look Charlie . I am so glad I moved south. I do not miss Noreasters one bit.

You guys on the east coast are really getting it right now.
      South Dakota

Comment

Charlie just reminded me that it could always be worse and he's right. I am sooooo looking forward to Spring, even if it's late.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Yeah winter is kinda hanging on here as well...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Sorry about the snow. Gonna be 80 and sunny today in the Valley of the Sun. I had coffee on the patio this morning. Sorry, it's tradition out here to rub it in.
            Winters in Arizona, summers in Michigan's UP. What could be better?

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey AF - I appreciate the humor but I also remember that Arizona gets hot as hades in the summer so I'll try to remember this summer while I'm out on the pontoon on the lake sippin' my sarsaparilla and lounging in the shade. Unfortunately you will be in Michigan doing something equally disgusting. Ain't we lucky.. :-)

• CMD
              CMD commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, I love the Southwest, so I'm going to roll with the punches, and let that slide, lol....

You folks have definitely had enough of winter. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36383.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	290375

This old man really hates the cold Chuck. Click image for larger version  Name:	old_man_walking_with__a_hc.gif Views:	5 Size:	180.7 KB ID:	290373
            When it is like that. My old bones freeze up. Click image for larger version  Name:	emoticon shivering.gif Views:	4 Size:	13.4 KB ID:	290374
            Stay snug and warm inside my friend.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree with ya Bruce - I had a knee cap removed and it aches like crazy during cold weather not to mention having my feet frost bitten when I was younger. But like you, I stick close to the house and warmth.

I know you will be ok ! More worried about the willow . yep I did that

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually Tam - The willow looks to be in good condition so far. It was loaded with snow but the freeze didn't get to it, probably due to the snow on the leaves. Whew. Dodged a bullet.

Originally posted by Scorpion68 View Post
            Charlie just reminded me that it could always be worse and he's right. I am sooooo looking forward to Spring, even if it's late.
            Well, snow can be fun and beautiful too. They are saying our next Nor'easter will be of the dry and fluffy variety of snow, so we may not lose power, if we be lucky.

I always enjoyed hiking in the woods during snow storms, so there is an upside too, a glass half full side, lol....

Rhode Island

Comment

Coastal storm #3 rolled in at noon. Wind, rain, sleet-- all the nasties of winter. Gonna sit back with a hot buttered rum & let Mother Nature take another shot. .....sigh.....
              Child of the tides

Comment

• Scorpion68
                Scorpion68 commented
                Editing a comment
                I liked your post Deb - not because of the Nor'easter but because of the hot buttered rum. Um Um - what a way to pass the winter weather by.

Chuck I actually like a cold March it keeps my fruit buds and flowers from coming out to early. Your Willow should be just fine. I've already planted my peas and am planting potatoes next week. It's the wind I don't like. Great pictures!
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Snowing 2" an hour now. Ughhh!
                Child of the tides

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sorry to hear it is so far south Deb pour another buttered Rum and throw another log on the fire.

This was at about three this afternoon. That is my Garage and and shed. My neighbors forsythia bush My Forsythia looks almost as nice . Turned out nice thisafternoon. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180312_144402.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	290402 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180312_144304.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	290403
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

my house with forsythia on the side yard. Blus tarp keeps me nice and dry until I get the chimney repaired. If only the wether would cooperate. Need to make a dump run. The weather has been cold so I have been putting it off. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180312_144327.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	290406 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180312_144331.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	290407 Sorry for highjacking your post Chuck.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Scorpion68
                    Scorpion68 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey No sweat Matt - I started this post to get everyone started on their weather. Nice truck by the way. A real workhorse, especially useful when relocating. The temp got up to 46 today and the sun also came out for a bit, long enough to melt the snow. Whew, Just wish it would either be cold or warm but not this up and down all the time.
                Working...
                X