Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange bone artifact found right under my own roof...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange bone artifact found right under my own roof...

While doing some excavating in an out of the way room known as the "teen slob daughters tv/snack room" I ran across this bone...the insitu shows it in its deposited state...timeline unknown. I believe the creature responsible is commonly seen in the area. Usually upon the opening of the refrigerator door or a food wrapper...any of you bone experts have any idea as to what this odd looking bone is from?
    Attached Files
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Ha, Frank you got me laughing.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Son of a biscuit eater
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

cracking up here.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I would get that authenticated. Maybe Baker. You might get a COA for a rare biscuit type bannerstone! Then sell it on ebay!!
          http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• BabaORiley
            BabaORiley commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey PK...ebay ya never know...a potato chip that looks like The Mona Lisa gets $$$$...

None of those would have escaped detection in my house. Mr. Nose can sniff out a biscuit at 50 yards. Cute post! I'm still grinning.
          Child of the tides

Comment

• BabaORiley
            BabaORiley commented
            Editing a comment
            The "nose" is getting a bit old...maybe forgetting just where she hid her winter biscuits...

Can’t get the kitchen scissors snipping off meat for my Siamese . She comes hauling around the corner faster then a jack rabbit . Knows that sound , it’s halarios .
          Maybe I’ll use that the next time I am looking for her .
          Baba how did that escape the nose of the peditor in your house ??

Comment

• BabaORiley
            BabaORiley commented
            Editing a comment
            She simply forgot...in the winter they used to get buried in the low level house plants until Alpha Female (Wife) put an end to that...I was actually blamed at first for the digging mess...

Resembles a type known as “Simpson mustache”...could be some kind of porous lithic...maybe softens in water. Be careful if you clean it up.
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• BabaORiley
            BabaORiley commented
            Editing a comment
            It is a curious lithic at that...very crumbly and unworkable...

Well the predator has been discovered. Her name is Queenie...aka quis quidpem canis... I found some evidence in the form of a coprolite the other day and todays trail cams revealed this. Very fierce, territorial...and ugly...upon questioning all I could get was a wagging tail and a cold nose...Case closed...
          Attached Files
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Hoss
            Hoss commented
            Editing a comment
            She is a cute looking critter.

Corprolites, bones - now we're onto something Sherlock. Based on the description of where you found it, I was going to say they usually came in pairs and maybe your daughter tried one as a snack and threw the other one away due to the dry and questionable taste!!! You know how teenagers are. They'll try anything once. I raised three of them.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• BabaORiley
            BabaORiley commented
            Editing a comment
            There was a trash midden between one of the cushions Chuck that left no doubt of human habitation at one time...

Rarely that culture has been rumored to be seen doing chores. But it is said to be rare, very rare.

Comment

• Havenhunter
            Havenhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen to that!
        Working...
        X