No announcement yet.

Another Turn to take place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can hear the laughter & joy of this meet up coming through in every one of these postings! It's making all of us grin with sheer pleasure! Thanks for bringing us along! 😘
    Child of the tides

Comment

Deb, you have mo Idea of the pleasure I had to meet this group of guys. It started with a meet up and a coffee from Dunkin Dounuts Then off to a park where all the benches were stacked. Jay and doc and jeff took one down for us. Then the frames of artifacts came out. and it was showtime. My favorite part is to fondle artifacts. We all stood around talking with one and other. a decision was made at dusk to hunt and we all went out course we found nothing but great friendship. I got the pleasure of a great group of guys having fun. and I got to be apart of it. I got home around midnight or was it 11.00 either way im tired and need to wake up and pack. Headed up to New Hampshire to a place with no Internet, so I will be silent for a few days.
      Charlie was the best and I enjoyed Jay Got the best Conversation with Chris and I never wanted any of it to stop. Jeff and Doc are so down to earth Man I just wanted to continue. I will be back for sure.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Most fun I've had in a long time. It really has been quite awhile since I saw any of my friends. They are special people, each and every one. And chase, if you're reading this this morning, I hope you know how I feel. It was my pleasure, and an honor. Have a safe trip. Until next time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	578C1E66-9948-460F-94BD-08900726C2FE-5169-0000022C17F71E62.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	293438

Rhode Island

Comment

Jay had the great idea of asking a woman walking her dog on the beach to snap our photo. She was worried her dog would be in the photo. I told her no problem, he would be the best looking of the group, lol. Glad I'll always have this photo to remember our meet up!

chase, Jeff, Jay, Chris, Doc, Charlie...

Name:	EE466AD7-B8EF-45BD-AA1C-FE1B6F9FCB5E-5169-0000023029F638F8.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	293440

Rhode Island

Comment

Here are some of the artifacts the local guys brought along. All RI finds...

One of Doc's frames:

Doc's mystery point. I showed our friend Bill from Martha's Vineyard, who edited Boudreau's typology. His reply: "Very nice! Another impossible to type point!"

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0145.JPG Views:	1 Size:	114.1 KB ID:	293450

One of Jay's frames:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0140.JPG Views:	1 Size:	160.6 KB ID:	293451

A frame from Jeff:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0144.JPG Views:	1 Size:	162.6 KB ID:	293452
            A Mansion Inn, rhyolite, that Jeff found not long ago:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0146.JPG Views:	1 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	293453

Wish I had taken more photos of their finds, but I always get too excited when I'm among friends and artifacts. I did bring my little avatar along, lol, and that piece of a lunar meteorite, which at the very last minute I remembered having in my top pocket. Wish it had not been cloudy. Nothing like holding the moon while looking up at it at the same time...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0091.JPG Views:	1 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	293454

Attached Files
            Rhode Island

Comment

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! The moon rock was a nice touch, and fitting for such a gathering!

Here's Doc's frame, did not fullsize for some reason:

Name:	IMG_0139.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	293456

Rhode Island

Comment

It was great to meet chase finally as we have interacted on the forum and by text/phone for years! It was also great to meet back up with my friends in Rhode Island and I too wish we had more time....finally met Doc after hearing his name for a long time as well....what a great bunch of guys and I know I’ll be seeing them again this summer....Jay has a terrific sounding day planned for my return trip and what better to do it with some of the best guys I’ve ever met!
              Southern Connecticut

Comment

best time i have had in a long time.i was humbled being my fellow artifact hunters.what a great group of guys i also could have talked for hours and listen for hours .the great stories of the hunt the amazing finds and the passing of knowledge are priceless.chase Chris jay Jeff charlie thank you for a page in my book of life i will never forget it there is nothing like have others be as passionate about the history of the human story .Chris we have to get together to hunt it will be great ,chase maybe we can take you up on your offer to CO. it would be a trip of a lifetime and thanks for the hat its my new lucky hunting hat i love your story's,the legendary charlie d. it always is an honer and a pleasure and thank you for knowledge and for letting us hold a piece of moon most likely predating any of the artifacts present at our gathering its not everyday you touch the moon and like the wise man of the group you brought it out at the perfect time to end the night ,jay and Jeff ill see you mugs around lol. and to all the other hunters who read this may the spirits of our ancestors guide you to discovery. Doc Out LIVE 2 C THE DAWN AND ON TO THE FUTURE

Comment

I would love to have been a fly on the wall at this event guys.
                  But you didn't invite me.
                  What I can do though is fix some of the pictures. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40160.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	293476 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40157.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	293477 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40163.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	293478 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40162.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	293479 ESPECIALLY THIS ONE Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40161.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	293475
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
                    OnewiththewilD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol, thanks Bruce! Your always invited btw!

Hello there!
                  Jeff here, I don’t get on here as often as I used to.
                  Going to have to change that. Yes it was a great mini artifact show we had! Meeting Chase and seeing Chris, Charlie, JAy and Doc again just hangin out talking about artifacts. It was awesome! You really get into it and before you know it it’s getting dark. What a bummer. Next time we need to meet in the morning and make a day of it! Warmer weather is on the way and I hope we all have great finds this year.

im going to try and get a picture or two on here.
                  if they don’t come out right sorry, I’m a bit rusty at posting stuff. If they come out sideways maybe someone can fix them. Doing this from my phone.
                  JMatt

Comment

Here’s another.

Comment

I think the rest of us are all a little jealous! Lol!!
                      Child of the tides

Comment

Sounds like it was a gathering for the ages! Looks like some fun guys, glad you all could get together. Id like to see a southeast version of one of these get togethers arranged, or shoot an anybody who will come meeting arranged! Thanks for sharing the photos folks!
                        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
                        X