Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite method of displaying artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite method of displaying artifacts?

I don’t quite have enough of a collection to make any super elaborate displays yet... but I am a planner, and would love to hear your favorite methods of displaying artifacts! Some ideas I’ve been kicking around... a sunken coffee table, barrister book case with shadow boxes? I want to be able to handle the artifacts often, so hanging them on the wall simply won’t be my go to option. A friend of mine called his favorite artifacts “TV” artifacts because you find yourself holding them while you watch tv, I find myself reaching for certain pieces of my collection all the time.. and I know if it was hanging on the wall and less accessible I’d be sad, lol. With that said.... Let’s see some displays!!!!
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Gotta go with a case that opens . A friend made me one that can be hung as a frame as well .Your favorite points will want to be looked at and handled .
    Best of both worlds . I can’t tell you how often a week I open that up .🤙

Comment

• Pointhead
      Pointhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Been kicking around a few ideas!! I agree need to be able to handle the artifacts

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a great idea !!!

But I am a fan of just having 3 big points across for an impact look .
    I am just going to have 3 going across or a smaller one with
    the 2 Adenas and a tool .
    Some put just the same point in the case and so on .
    Thats going to take awhile .
    Or maybe just the same lithic case .
    can get pretty artistic .

Comment

I like the idea of the same lithic.. I really only find quartz, argillite and the occasional rhyolite point, so I think three cases for colors. Maybe a case for my most found types? It’s all something to consider!

Comment

I like the cases that Two Timbers make. Someone on the forum recommended them and I've bought a bunch since then. They're stackable sort of, you could also fit them into drawers. They have a store on Amazon.

As far as a coffee table, I think there was someone here who made a display table like that full of chipping debris. I thought it was a great idea, I wanna do it myself sometime.

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Target has a lamp you can fill up with shells I am choosing chips .

• -=METACOM=-
          -=METACOM=- commented
          Editing a comment
          I forgot about that, I like that idea too.
      Working...
      X