Lil weld art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil weld art

Been crazy busy at work for months and getting caught up just before a big shutdown and spent about an hour doodling. Thought you all may like this as much as me.

Thats a beautiful piece of artwork! Im seriously impressed! Love the design too! Thanks for sharing!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• p kurt
      p kurt commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, it was fun to make

That's cool Kurt.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That's eleven levels of badassery!!!
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, hey man I enjoyed your last batch of posts

Ok somebody passes the ex ray tests .
      now that is impressive welding .
      Really nice .

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya Tam I have past my share of tests. I used to be nuclear certified welder and had to pass all sorts material tests. All tests were all position pipe tests tig and stick welding. All open root , monel, inconnel, stainless, nickel, mild steel, and then dissimilar tests and then retest in all materials on half inch pipe. My primary trade was a machinist but I have done way more than my share of welding. I have been shoved down pipes so small I could barley wiggle and had to communicate with feet wiggles, welded with mirrors, suspended in reactors, and more crazy stuff that I don't care to remember. My job now is much less demanding in that department. Almost all work now is done in the shop and rarely done in the field due to explosive atmospheres. I can honestly say I would be happy if I never welded a single thing again the rest of my life.

It's way different when you do it for a living, verses getting to do it for fun is t it? I've welded for 40+ years, been through multiple schools/classes and verifications, and I am a rank amature compared to you....
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet you are selling yourself short. But thanks for the compliment it's all about practice. I can't do what I used to do , I simply don't get enough practice and that's a good thing.

That is a very impressive display of talent Kurt.
      How did you create the different colours?
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        I used a tig welder and the heat is controlled with a foot pedal. I used more heat to obtain the darker colors. Bruce it was fun to make

That metal art is very popular and I don’t think you know how good you are . I use to buy art and run serveral galleries art and framing on all the islands .
      I would think of taking your hobby to another level because it would sell in a gallery not just a craft fair .
      SERIOUSLY that nice .
      How do you get the colors in their so I can see if I can get my husband to do this for a buck gate for our cabin .

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        Tam, I drew the picture with soapstone and used the tig welder to trace the lines. Low heat leaves a shiney silvery color, lil more heat makes a straw color and more heat brings out the blues. No filler on that plate, just tracing.

nice tigging, i feel your pain about those tight places, i got put in a pig de-hairing machine one time because i was the only welder on the crew that could fit through the trap door. nothing like the smell of burning hair & flesh in a 3x3 box. but hey i was getting paid the big money. 1985 i was making $10.00 per hour

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        I can relate, it's amazing what one can put up with in a state of consitration
    Working...
    X