Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

Members on the site have asked me do people really eat spam in Hawaii . I said so much so it is sold at 7-11’s gas station and food trucks . I was at a large shopping mall and got this picture for those asking .
    Yes a spam outlet in a food court . They pair it with avacado
    to your favorites with s strip of Nori ( seaweed ) to make it a sushi type dish .
    I promised a picture and here you go .( Lined up patrons

I have a friend who lives in Wikiki & she says she & her adult daughters adore fried spam wrapped in grape leaves.
    Child of the tides

Comment

I have eaten my fair share of it back in the 70's I have some in my cabinet right now. It was left here by the former homeowner . I will eat it before 2019 expiration. probably fried with some scrambled eggs. No sense letting it go to waste. I prefer real meat to mystery meat however waste not , want not.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree with waste not want not but I will never actually pay for that mystery meat in a can.

I just found Bacon Spam at Publix lolol. Fry it up! But the sushi idea sounds great Tam!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

I eat Spam occasionally. I first ate it as a kid but it was never a regular item on the menu. It is usually a bit too salty for my taste but it is OK sliced and fried and eaten with fried eggs as a ham or bacon substitute. I also eat sardines and other canned protein sometimes. Never saw or heard of the way it is enjoyed in our 50th state. Every region has its own particular and peculiar cuisine. I may have to check out Bacon Spam as mentioned by Tom. Surely it is on the store shelves here in LA (Lower Alabama) if they have it in the Tampa Bay area.

Comment

Yep McDonald’s does spam and eggs with rice or portages
          sausage .

Comment

Working...
          X