Unsolicited update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolicited update

So a few weeks ago I spent 6 days outside of Dublin, TX at Quahadi Ranch. Working sun up to sun down, I wasn’t able to do any hunting.

Last weekend I moved my daughter to Tahlequah, Oklahoma, home of the Cherokee Nation Headquarters. I was able to spend a little time by the Illinois River and drove around Tenkiller Lake but didn’t get to visit any of the Cherokee Nation sites.

In total I’ve been able to spend about 3 hours artifact hunting over the last four weeks or so and I’m starting to have serious withdrawals, and the locations I’ve been at and not been able to hunt have made matters worse.

The good news in that this weekend I get to go to family property in East Texas for the first time since the artifact bug hit me. The property is heavily wooded and has natural spring on it that I’m dying to explore. I have never hunted in the woods before, so it will be a learning experience.

BTW if anyone has advice on places to visit around Tahlequah, I’m all ears.
    Kevin - North/Central Texas

Well CTex it takes me 5 months to get on the board living in Hawaii and going to Georgia only 2-3 times a year .. so I feel your pain .
    word to the wise if your going to hunt the woods wear snake boots in the summer. It’s hot but could save your life .
    just buy guards for your pants at any local sport store at least .
    I came up on a rattle snake and a non venomous but it’s their time now .
    Good luck hunting .

Comment

I’m with Tam...watch out for the rattleheadedsnakemoccasins. I’m not far from east Texas, and they are feisty down that way...
      lord, be careful!
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Good luck
        South Dakota

Comment

Keep your eye on the ground. I have never hunted down there so my advice would probably not help much. Good luck in the hunt.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
          X