2018 World Oceans Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 World Oceans Day

Take a moment today to reflect on the beauty and benefits of our planet's blue waters-- its oceans. Even if you live inland, reflect on what the world's oceans provide you, such as seafood, salt, medicine and climate. This year's focus is on eliminating or minimizing plastics that foul the oceans, creating coastal litter and killing untold numbers of sea creatures and mammals. How can you help?

- Reduce your plastic use. Use glass containers for storage and buy milk in waxed cartons instead of plastic jugs. Put filtered water into a thermos instead of buying bottled water. Buy beverages in glass bottles. Recycle instead of tossing plastics into landfills, or worse yet out your car windows.
    - Use your everyday flatware for family gatherings and picnics instead of plastic cutlery
    - When making a donation, think of those organizations who work tirelessly to keep our oceans clean

We only have one planet and it belies on all of us to take care of it.
    Child of the tides

Great post Deb. Mother Ocean provides our planet with so much.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Right On, Deb!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.

And a bit of good news:

Rhode Island

Comment

Everyone should do their part. Thanks for sharing!
          South Dakota

Comment

Yes right on Deb! Very nicely said . We actually do a massive
            beach clean up here . It’s amazing how much is found .
            one year I found a new TV on clean up . Yep in the bushes
            I actually enjoy these as I call them , get togethers .

Comment

Guess what’s happening in Oahu . We use to collect the plastic to be sent off to the mainland for recycling . Now it’s to expensive to send it off . They are going to burn it down at H Power for energy .
              We really need to go back to glass . It doesn’t release dioxins into everything ...including us .

Comment

Working...
              X