Little birdie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little birdie

I finally did it! I just had to show somebody. I finally got a picture of a hummingbird with still wings! Been trying for five years. Also shown is a storm from the previous night.
    Last edited by Kentucky point; 07-04-2018, 03:16 PM.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Aaaahhhhhh - The art of photography. You have a beautiful stop-motion picture of a male Ruby Throated Hummingbird. What did you take the picture with and what was your shutter speed. A fast shutter speed will stop the motion like with sports. Nice pic and it appears to have been raining or a sprinkler was running because you also stopped the falling motion of the water. That's hard to do with a hand-held camera.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a Nikon D2500 camera. For a while, I used manual mode set at 4000 shutter speed. (Probably overkill, but I always froze the wings) The only problem was, that even in direct sunlight, the photo would be dark. So instead I tried Close-up mode with flash, and got this photo. The water you see is the remenant of a thunderstorm that passed through the night before. Here is that picture, taken off of my front porch. (See original picture of hummingbird)

I love watching these little guys at my feeder. They are feisty & tenacious. Nice shot!
    Child of the tides

Comment

That is my favorite bird . I use to have wonderful feeders and that ruby throat wow . May have to print that one out ..
      hench my Avitar ...

Comment

Nice shot. I like photography but never got a good shot at a humming bird.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Love them thanks for sharing

Comment

I love pics of lightening to.

Comment

That storm picture is wicked cool! Hope you don’t mind, I saved it.
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pictures!
              South Dakota

Comment

Those are fantastic photographs worthy of framing!
                "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                X