• Show
Clear All

• The case for a flat surface

Comment

Ready Freddy? Click image for larger version

Name:	60AFB50F-A743-4968-989B-796C9B4A4A5D.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	306894 pretty good huh? I don’t see why you feel the need to defend a waterworn rock against your community of fellow artifact hunters? If you don’t like our opinions then don’t ask.
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        For The record I don't know what happened, but thought balanced Rock's are cool. Good job on The stack Bud!

• OnewiththewilD
        OnewiththewilD commented
        Editing a comment
        This is Freddy’s side post to his Indian Marble thread. And hey thanks bud! Lol it took a minute but TA-DA!

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        OHhhh.

no idea what that is about glad it is in off the wall.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
        OnewiththewilD commented
        Editing a comment
        I moved it here Hoss, there was no “ What did I find” about it

I'm confused. That's easy I know.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nicely done but not quite the same. I balanced a top heavy rock on two points. Far from easy to do, but I wouldn’t expect someone who thinks the spinning rock is the same as regular old river rocks to get it

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
          OnewiththewilD commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, funny but it’s not doing anything to convince me your ROCK is anything but that, and No I don’t get it . Heck, what do I know right? I must have been made a Mod. just cause I’m a great guy I guess. I’m not gonna let a guy who posts stone eggs and spinning rocks get to me though. Good luck in this hobby Fred, I hope you find a whole kitchen table full of them

With age will come wisdom, which is really grasping how much you don’t know. Good luck

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
          OnewiththewilD commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m 36 and have been actively involved with this hobby since 2013, you have no clue and no artifacts. Best of luck to you as well

Freddy when the native American sat inside his tipi , wikiup, cave, long house ,lodge or other shelter he probably did spin that rock. Yeah on his store bought kitchen table. Or maybe on his shiney laminate floor. Or maybe his wife had granite counter tops in the kitchen. You are right about one thing the more we know usually teaches us about how little we know. Your rock is still just a rock. It is a manuport at best.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Freddy, both of your threads are getting out of hand. No one here is ridiculing you for picking up something different (your round rock) because we have all done it before and we will all do it again. The problem here is your continued championing of it being native made/used.
          If you are wise you will take my advice and give up. Arguing with our senior members is fruitless.
          They all have far more experience with collecting and identifying artifacts than you ever will no matter how old they are or how old you are.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I would have guessed 35. Your close to realizing you aren’t nearly as smart as you thought. Natural stages of life, unavoidable no matter how smart you are

Comment

Hoss the guy that balanced that rock surely could knock out a kitchen table or two. How could someone who admires the skills of the past underestimate them.

Comment

There some saying about a horse, and leading him to water. How's that go? Guess I'm to young to know at 31...
                Hopeless cause here folks!

​​​​
                Last edited by Kyflintguy; 07-06-2018, 04:47 PM.
                Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Freddy the life was that of survival, hunting and foraging not sitting wasting time trying to balance rocks on kitchen tables. I am sure there was time for fun and games when the food pots were full but it is highly unlikely that one of these games was balancing rocks on flat surfaces. The games played probably honed skills needed to survive, and stregnthen atheltic ability, good hand eye coordination, marksmanship, once horses were introduced, horsemanship, riding skills and it is known fact gambling . I probably missed a lot there. This subject is where it belongs in off the wall topics at least until you can produce facts.
                  Last edited by Hoss; 07-07-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Quite frankly this has more or less turned into just a spectacle over a rock and an attitude. I may have been a bit “ cheeky” with all this but at no point insulting. Freddy ol’ boy, good luck out there, go find yourself a Clovis, balance it, spin it, make videos of it, Whatever. I’ve argued enough over this stupid ROCK!
                    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

We've offered our opinions here, I don't believe anything else good can come of this thread. They are now closed.
                      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
                      X