Life is getting in the way....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is getting in the way....

I always thought that once I got my kids out of the house that life would slow down and I would have all the free time in the world to do what I wanted. So far, that had proven to be anything but the truth.

The good news is that I blocked off this weekend to go to the goat ranch and hopefully get some quality time alone with some new artifacts, try and catch that 8 pounder that lurks in the spring fed pond, and relax. The bad news is its going to be 102 in the shade....

**EDIT** Life is getting in the way
    Last edited by Hoss; 07-16-2018, 03:34 PM.
    Kevin - North/Central Texas

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the kids and later yet when I retired early, but time abhors a vacuum & manages to fill it up with other things. Grab what spare moments you can and enjoy!
    Child of the tides

Comment

Strange how that works Ctex. I to retired early but, like Deb, filled my time with other things. We always need some ME time so take it when you can. Life is short so enjoy what you can.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Agreed , I retired and everyone wants my time now . Besides your health time is the most presious gift you have so you do need to take those very special me time moments to enjoy what maybe only you do .
        Jimmy Hindrex had a verse and it’s been to long but I think it went like this .
        Just let me live my life the way I want to , and believe me those words have been rambling through my head ..

Comment

One of my favorite tunes by Hendrix Tam. I had not listened to it in years.

Last edited by Hoss; 07-13-2018, 07:08 PM.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

To cool Hoss... truer words could not be spoken ..
            I love the second video too . Like areas I go through in Georgia .
            Ahhh that made my night ...

Comment

Reading this thread reminds me why every time some young person tells me they're "bored", I strike them with my fists until they leave my presence. Bored? What in the world does that mean? How does one live a life without projects?

btw, I love the Hendrix reference, although these days I feel more like the Wichita Lineman.

Final thought. Remember that we're not old. We've just developed the ability to nap for long periods of time without tiring.

I used to be young and foolish. Not so young any more.

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                I like Wichita Lineman too. i like all music except rap and heavy metal.

My AC broke shortly after arriving on Friday afternoon, so I spent the majority of the weekend trying to find shade. Highs in the upper 90s and lows in the mid 80s. I didn't realize how soft I've gotten in my old age, but by Sunday morning I was ready to get home. To make matters worse, I only found two worked pieces, and neither was anything to write home about and the 8 pounder eluded me again.

On the bright side, I stumbled upon a fawn that had somehow managed to get itself trapped in a feeder pen and had I not been there to open the gate, it almost certainly would have perished.
              Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

Love that story and can relate ... I chalk it up to the heat , yeah that’s it .
                The baby fawn ahhhh see it was a good trip .

Comment

I saw your edit note and edited your title for you. I misspell stuff all the time. My Keyboard has been malfunctioning lately and the letter I comes out intermeittently , LOL working fine right now but has been problematic.
                  Last edited by Hoss; 07-16-2018, 05:48 PM.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                  X