The islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The islands

Surviving on an island can be a challenge . Especially if you live way out in the country which I have . This will be my 3 rd hurricane which I am in a populated area now and will make it with all my supplies . Volcanoes on the big island and I did survive a mudslide . Its all about water which is more distructive then imaginable . I know several of you have lived through all this . Just a little I am getting ready post . The beautiful waterfall was what brought that mountain down one night . I could hear the rumbling early in the evening up the valley and moved my car . That one toad was the 1982 no roads open iwa

Goodness Tam, be safe and prepared! We don't have too many hurricanes here in inland SC but we had about 19 inches of rain a few years ago in what was called the 1000 year flood . We had a lot of damage from the water but didn't have flood insurance. Too much water can do more damage than the winds. Stay safe!
    South Carolina

Comment

That looks like that was not a good place to be at that time, find a safe place to ride the hurricane out.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Definitely stay safe. Don't take any risks that you don't have too. What category hurricane is it?
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Scorpion68
          Scorpion68 commented
          Editing a comment
          KP - Lane is currently a cat 4 but was up to cat 5 earlier. It can strengthen or weaken and right now the weather guessers are predicting a weakening as it approaches the Main Island of Hawaii. Regardless - with winds in excess of 120 mph those islands are going to take a beating which may include up to 2 feet of rainfall. It's scary for sure.

Tam - If you can get out, get out. If not hunker down in the safest room in your building (usually the bathroom). Fill the bathtub and sinks with water and see if you can get a Coleman propane camping stove for cooking in the probable event of a power outage. You know my story already. I've been through numerous hurricanes ashore and typhoons at sea but Hurricane Andrew took 70% of everything I owned but we survived. My prayers are with you and all the Islanders.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Done , thank you

sending prayers up for your safety Tam
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Matt

Hey Tamara, You and Wayne stay safe. We need you on the site. Prayers for a safe place through all of it.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hurricanes are something that I have never had to deal with Tamara. I truly hope that both you and Wayne stay safe and your home/property is not damaged.
          On a lighter note Tamara, if you climb up on the roof this time I WANT PICTURES.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Stay safe Tam!
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Tam stay safe and you all are on the prayer list
              SW Connecticut

Comment

How y'all making out
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Power outages already on Oahu

Comment