and so it begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and so it begins

today i took a course to get certified to teach Mn permit to carry classes.

it was a multi hour class,with time spent at the gun range to prove my proficiency and that i could safely handle a hand gun.

the class was a bit expensive,but glad to say i passed it.

now i just need to set up a pay pal acct,get a card reader that will work with my phone,set up a separate bank acct for my new little business,get some business cards.do some marketing,find places to let me use their meeting rooms,arrange for places to shoot at so students can qualify. etc etc etc.

never did i realize there would be so much to do for a little tiny business such as this,but i am sure it will be worth it in time.

im a bit excited to get all my ducks in a row and start teaching these classes.

at least i got the first step taken care of,now onto the next one and the one after that and so on and so forth.

LMAOin Colorado we shoot first and ask questions last conceal weapons we legalized pot, and gave them guns. don't need to conceal they are in a gun rack I guess for poaching BUT YOU PUT IT OUT THERE TO SEE they get they see don't mess with me. just saying.
    Glad that you are going through courses and yes a if needed you are trained.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      sneakygroundbuzzard commented
      Editing a comment
      here in Mn you must have a permit if your going to carry a handgun,but we are a carry state.which means we can either carry open or concealed,its up to the person with the permit to decide. i keep mine concealed,just in case i need it i dont want the perp to know i have it until its to late.cant have them in a gun rack here,rifles must be in the trunk of a car or back behind the seat cased in a truck.

Hey Tim, Way to go man. I believe you will have plenty of clients. Concealed Carry permits are in demand.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      thanks Ron.

i already have about 20 people that have contacted me and want to take a class so they can get their permit to carry.
      i plan on taking some other classes yet too.i want to become an NRA certified pistol,rifle,shotgun,home defense instructor.also become an NRA certified range master and youth hunter instructor. it may take a year or two to get all the training i want but i am a patient man and know in the long run it will be worth it.

Same thing down here, shoot first, ask questions later. Also, people are out in the woods all the time down here, meaning a run in with a rattlesnake, copperhead or bear is a real possibility. Therefore guns are carried all the time. I am glad to see more instructors out there training people who need it. It means that people now have a defense against criminals, bears and rabid wombats.

Want a good tip? An interesting teacher is a good teacher. If you teach with the enthusiasm of a zombie, your class will have the enthusiasm of a zombie. If you are lively and interesting, your class will pay attention a lot better. Take this from a video-home school student, and son of a bowhunters education instructor. (My mom)
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      im going to do my best to be an interesting instructor. i plan on keep the class light,not that it wont be filled with knowledge on our state laws.just not all filled with legal mumbo jumbo but on a level that ordinary folks can understand. i will encourage folks to ask any and all questions that they have.if i dont know the answer off hand i will tell them to meet me after class and we will look it up together on line.there are a lot of on line resources with the info,will even have some of the sites saved on my laptop so i can look stuff up right away.

here your not allowed to carry a hand gun in the woods unless its the only gun you have with you and its a legal one for hunting and during a hunting season,or your trapping legally,or if you have your carry permit. we dont have poisonous snakes in my area to worry about,bears and wolves and the occaisonal mtn lion,but seldom do you see them or hear of an interaction of them with folks.

They are having price wars for the CWP class in FL.... When first started it was around 200 for a class and it was several hours....years later and more and more people getting them the price has dropped to 50 for the class and they take about 2 hrs or so.... shoot 4 shots of sim-ammo into a trap... Paperwork was back from the State in less than 2 weeks.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      ive seen some classes here for as low as $50 per person,and as high as $200 per person.
      here there is no set length that a class has to last,just what must be covered in class.
      also no set minimum limit on rounds fired at the range.
      but we do have to show how to safely handle,fire,clear a handgun.

personally i think a minimum of thirty rounds fired is good,but fifty is even better.

I have been meaning to get my CCL for quite some time. Now being in Illinois and unfortunately within earshot of the sewer/wild west called Chicago we have some real contradictions of the conceal/carry law. Illinois also has that wonderful FOID card...firearm owners identification card...the only state in the nation that requires it. What a scam...and get this...the card is not a valid form of ID despite the extensive background check upon applying. So if you are asked to produce ID by law enforcement it is useless however if you have a firearm or ammo in your possession you had damn well better have that FOID card. Anyway I got a bit off topic there. I see most classes in my area are between $50 and $150 and there is a minimum of hours. I believe it is sixteen hours. Congrats Sneaky...good luck on your new venture...
    Last edited by BabaORiley; 08-27-2018, 04:51 PM.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Despite gun control efforts in Chicago, crime is still rampant. Hmm...

Maybe because criminals don't abide by the laws?

Good for you! We have to take them here as well . I like it having someone different to tell you what’s going on .
    Just chalk that up to another notch on your belt to helping people .
    we actually have had special forces classes out here . Travis from Blackwater came out here .
    I know you like your turkeys and he has that in a utube clip .
    Not a part of a turkey hunt though .
    You should watch his vidioes . I have CD’s

Comment

Congrautlations on your achievemnet
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
    X