An artist the taught me life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An artist the taught me life

My grandfather was a special man. He was a reverend in his younger years and devoted his life to painting landscapes.I was in awe of him mixing color. Even now there is very little known about him and his work. He used the primary colors of red. yellow and blue and mixed those to get the colors of the rainbow and more. Once I was told I could not paint my way out of a corner by a teacher and was sold on what he said. But my grandfather said there is an artist in all of us. he taught me to paint. The next year I brought my painting to that teacher. This web site has his paintings but he died in 1992 A great man one that taught me that I need to mix color from the primary's and I can make anything.
    View James Emery Greer’s artworks on artnet. Learn about the artist and find an in-depth biography, exhibitions, original artworks, the latest news, and sold auction prices.

He used a brush but went to pallet Knife amazing when he took a dab there and dab there and put on canvas.

Last edited by chase; 09-20-2018, 02:29 PM.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

I love all the differnt media’s he uses with oil .
    linen a lost art really , then board to canvas . I get lost in his paintings and that’s what is suppose to happen . Art to me is an emotion . You feel it , smell the air and trees .
    You can see life through his eyes and the mountains were his world. I really like his style to .
    His trees and the colors he used bring a smile.

Comment

Very nice Chase do you still have any of his paintings? Those are very nice. I have a painting from a guy named Ernst Greyer he was from Austria. It reminds me of your Grand Fathers work. I can share a picture if you like.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• chase
        chase commented
        Editing a comment
        Please share!!!! I would not sell any of the paintings I have. I poked my nose into a closet and found two that i loved. picked them out and asked if I could have them. he looked at them and said I cant remember painting them and they were mine.
        Without a doubt please share. and anyone else.

Great stuff. I looked him up to learn a little, and found he lived here in Rhode Island, among other places. Thanks for sharing his paintings.
      Rhode Island

Comment

• chase
        chase commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes he was from the northeast coast. it is why I like it there. The seascape's are second to none. Schooled from Hebert. I learned from the best.

for scale the two things sticking up below the painting is the head board of a queen size bed. Yes those are frames of arrowheads on either side. Click image for larger version  Name:	20180920_203122.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	320836 Click image for larger version  Name:	20180920_203134.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	320837 Click image for larger version  Name:	20180920_203050.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	320838
      Last edited by Hoss; 09-20-2018, 07:36 PM.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
      X