Enough already........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough already........

This is the little stream behind my house. Here’s are before and after pictures. It has been this way more this year than anyone around here can remember. I have emptied our rain gauge with 4-5 inches of rain more times than I can remember. I normally use a tad over 30 gallons of gas per year to mow my yard and a path around a bottom (our field for city folk) we exercise on. 3-3 1/2 acres. I have already used 90 gallons and still mowing between showers. I know in light of what the Carolina’s have been thru, this is crying over spilled milk but wow has the weather been strange! We have mushrooms growing EVERYWHERE. Photo #4 is this morning. Photo#1 is in front of house.
    Last edited by Owen70; 09-23-2018, 09:28 AM.
    Northern Ky

Weather patterns are changing everywhere.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

It's been very strange. More rain in one summer than I can ever remember. It seems like it's been cloudy about 70% of the days since May. When it rains, it's like the sky is falling. A wall of water coming straight down, no light rain, buckets in a matter of minutes.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Rain Rain go away and don't come back till next May.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

A few weeks ago, if you remember my flood damage topic, we had five inches of rain in one day. Crops were ruined, houses flooded, and cars destroyed. It has been a while, but the other day, we got an inch and a half in one hour. The ground is saturated, and today we are getting more rain. Just sick of it! But on the other hand, all this rain, means that it will unveil points!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I remember Ky Point. It wasn’t quite that bad here but there was plenty flooding.
          This is yesterday and today’s total:
          Northern Ky

Comment

• Ron Kelley
            Ron Kelley commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW That's a lot of water.

Weatherman is predicting between 3-5 additional inches before it quits Wednesday afternoon. Headed your way also, Ky Point. We picked up another 1 1/2 inches last night. We are at 5 1/2 inches over the last three days. The crazy thing is this has happened over and over this summer. They are going to make me a believer in global warming🤔
          Northern Ky

Comment

Today’s rain. Looks to be a bit over 3 inches. That’s 7 + inches since Saturday
            Northern Ky

Comment

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll have to get one of those . Love it

I didn’t empty the gauge so this additional amount was on top of the 3 1/10 from the day before. So approx. an 1 1/2 last night with the cold from coming thru around noon with more rain but then it looks like a 4 day break💧💧💧. 8 1/2 inches since Saturday. Most cities around have broken their all time records for monthly rainfall.
            Northern Ky

Comment

Working...
            X